User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having satellite signal issues with our New 2015 375RE so I'm turning to the GD owner

I have DirecTV and I purchased a new tripod mounted HD Satellite Dish which is locked in and receiving a strong signal at the dish. This is not a SWM system so I have 4 lines coming from the LNB and 3 of these lines hooked into the video junction box (Living Room, Bed Room & Pass Through). With everything hooked up correctly inside as well, coaxial line is attached to the satellite out near the TV which goes to the satellite in at the box and a HDMI out of the box to the TV. NO SIGNAL. After multiple attempts rebooting and even changing out the connectors on the coaxial cables still no signal going through the wiring installed by grand design. So to get some TV in our NEW Unit we ran a separate cable from the dish through the back left window directly into the satellite box and all works perfectly.

Has anyone else had issues with the A/V wiring not working with DirecTV or is there something I've missed?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Golden Retrievers Sienna, Keelee and Bodie
    2015 Solitude 375RE
    2000 Chevrolet Suburban LS 2WD
    2015 Acura MDX SH-AWD
    2016 GMC 3500HD Denali CC, Duramax, 4WD, DRW, B&W turnover ball/Andersen Ultimate "Aluminum", AirLift Airbags 5000 w/ Wireless Compressor

[/FONT]

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hmm, I don't know. I guess I would take the separating panel off in the pass through and make certain all the connections to the cable distribution box are connected correctly but it would seem odd that all 3 connections are loose or bad. I ran my satellite to the distribution center to the LR and the coax from the cable outlet in the entertainment center to the DISH box and an HDMI to the TV and it worked with no issues. You've eliminated the satellite dish, the satellite receiver and the TV from your list of possible problems so, I agree, it has to be somewhere on the run of the coax in the trailer with the most likely culprit being the distribution box. How about taking one of the coaxes off from the back of the distribution box and, using a coax connector, connecting your coax from the satellite to the direct line to the location you are testing, say the LR, and see if that works. I guess another thing may be to check the backside connections at the various outlets throughout the trailer, again maybe starting with the LR TV. It's got to be an issue at either the main distribution box or the individual outlets. Strange.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check to confirm that the TV antenna booster is in the off position.
    John and Lisa
    2014 Solitude 369RL #1849
    2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello John and Lisa,
    I tried it in both positions without any change.
    2015 Solitude 375RE
    2015 Acura MDX SH-AWD
    2016 GMC 3500HD Denali CC, Duramax, 4WD, DRW, B&W turnover ball/Andersen Ultimate "Aluminum", AirLift Airbags 5000 w/ Wireless Compressor

[/FONT]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paul,

Great suggestions, after hours of setup and running new wiring from the junction box to the dish I was fustrated. The unit is already in it's summer location up in Big Bear so I will be chasing the ghost this weekend. Need a good signal tester to help at every connection any ideas? I find the small needle style testers are note the best so i guess I'm off to amazon.
    2015 Solitude 375RE
    2015 Acura MDX SH-AWD

[/FONT]

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Yeah, i don't know about the testers Marc. I'm not proficient with them. More of a step by step eliminator kind of guy. I would think though that there are testers that would do exactly what my manual method would do and easier. BTW, we love camping at Serrano. Where do you have your trailer setup for the summer?
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by partsguy009 View Post
    I have DirecTV and I purchased a new tripod mounted HD Satellite Dish which is locked in and receiving a strong signal at the dish. This is not a SWM system so I have 4 lines coming from the LNB and 3 of these lines hooked into the video junction box (Living Room, Bed Room & Pass Through). With everything hooked up correctly inside as well, coaxial line is attached to the satellite out near the TV which goes to the satellite in at the box and a HDMI out of the box to the TV. NO SIGNAL. After multiple attempts rebooting and even changing out the connectors on the coaxial cables still no signal going through the wiring installed by grand design. So to get some TV in our NEW Unit we ran a separate cable from the dish through the back left window directly into the satellite box and all works perfectly.

Has anyone else had issues with the A/V wiring not working with DirecTV or is there something I've missed?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Hi Marc & Joanne (@partsguy009),

Please send add your 17-digit RV VIN to the "About Me" section of your forum profile, or send me a private message (PM) with your 17-digit RV VIN, name, and phone number. We will need your VIN to research your concern. Thank you in advance...

Best regards,
    ~ Janice
    Mailing & shipping address: Grand Design RV, Attn: Customer Support, 13868 CR 4, Bristol IN 46507
    Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, closed holidays)

- Phones: Grand Design RV Corporate at (574) 825-8000 or Customer Support (direct) at (574) 825-9679
    - Fax: (574) 825-9249
    - Email: [email protected]

- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GrandDesignRv
    - Twitter: https://twitter.com/granddesignrv
    - Google+: https://plus.google.com/113479014558069639097
    - LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grand-design-rv-llc
    - Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/granddesignrv
    - YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHa...PuUd3J3NHNyXVQ

For EMERGENCY or immediate assistance contact your RV dealer or GDRV Customer Support directly at (574) 825-9679 with your 17-digit RV VIN, name, and phone number.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK so I went old school and ran through the system over the weekend. Since I already know the Dish, Receiver and TV in the LR works properly (not the GD wiring) we moved to the BR and PT, no signal. Removed the junction plate (in water station compartment) and found all GD connectors loose but still attached, tightened connectors but no signal. Disconnected the LR, BR & PT cables from the plate and used KA/KU connection sleeves designed for satellite and now we have TV.

This forum has been very helpful, thanks everyone...
    2015 Solitude 375RE
    2015 Acura MDX SH-AWD

[/FONT]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Janice,
    I sent you a private message on the 16th as requested but have not received any contact from GDRV customer service. I've corrected this issue with the help of the forum but I'm concerned GDRV customer service isn't as helpful as many owners have described.

Communication is key to a good relationship.
    2015 Solitude 375RE
    2015 Acura MDX SH-AWD

[/FONT]

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by partsguy009 View Post
    Janice,
    I sent you a private message on the 16th as requested but have not received any contact from GDRV customer service. I've corrected this issue with the help of the forum but I'm concerned GDRV customer service isn't as helpful as many owners have described.

Communication is key to a good relationship.

Hi Marc & Joanne (@partsguy009),

Sorry - I don't show receiving a message from you on the 16th in my forum inbox. Agreed communication is important. In addition to the forum, you can reach us via:

Customer Support phone: (574) 825-9679 (direct)*
    Corporate phone: (574) 825-8000, please ask to be transferred to Customer Support
    Customer Support fax: (574) 825-9249
    Customer Support email: [email protected]
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GrandDesignRv

*If you need immediate or emergency assistance please call Customer Support direct at (574) 825-9679. Thank you in advance...

Best regards,
    ~ Janice
    Last edited by GDRV Service; 06-23-2015 at 07:29 AM.
    Mailing & shipping address: Grand Design RV, Attn: Customer Support, 13868 CR 4, Bristol IN 46507
    Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, closed holidays)

- Phones: Grand Design RV Corporate at (574) 825-8000 or Customer Support (direct) at (574) 825-9679
    - Fax: (574) 825-9249
    - Email: [email protected]

- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GrandDesignRv
    - Twitter: https://twitter.com/granddesignrv
    - Google+: https://plus.google.com/113479014558069639097
    - LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grand-design-rv-llc
    - Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/granddesignrv
    - YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHa...PuUd3J3NHNyXVQ

For EMERGENCY or immediate assistance contact your RV dealer or GDRV Customer Support directly at (574) 825-9679 with your 17-digit RV VIN, name, and phone number.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast