User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to hijack this thread from the OP but on the internal fan(s), is it more efficient to aim the output towards the fins, or direct it downward so it will blow the cold air into the bottom part of the fridge? I recently have been experimenting with a battery powered fan before I install a 12vdc fan.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just have mine blowing into the fins and figure the air will circulate well enough to work. Blowing straight down on mine will hit the drain pan, so not a big deal.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How hard is it to get to the 12 volt source? Any link to these fans is appreciated

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have a Norcold absorption refrigerator (propane/electric) or a 12VDC compressor fridge? The advice and trouble-shooting would be quite different depending on which one you have.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Dometic, not sure of the model. I’ll be down there tomorrow to get that info.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Do you have a Norcold absorption refrigerator (propane/electric) or a 12VDC compressor fridge? The advice and trouble-shooting would be quite different depending on which one you have.

Rob
    Good catch.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FR8TFLYER View Post
    I have a Dometic, not sure of the model. I’ll be down there tomorrow to get that info.
    OK, that answers my question... a few things to check for (after you're sure the fridge is getting both 12VDC and 120VAC):

1) is the boiler stack on the back of the fridge getting hot (on either propane or electric)? If not, it could be an issue with the controller board.

2) if the boiler stack (and tubes) are getting hot, do you smell any hint of ammonia or see any yellow stains around the tubing? If so, you have a coolant leak (need to call the dealer or Norcold for warranty repair).

3) If 1 and 2 are OK, do you hear any gurgling noises when the fridge is on? If so and the fridge is still not cooling (again - it can take 24 hours or more for an absorption fridge to get down to temp), you may have an air bubble or chemical membrane in the coolant system. If this is the case, look at post #6 in this thread:

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...+quits+cooling

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    For the water heater - does it have water in it? If it is still in winter by-pass mode, it won't. See your manual about how to set the 3 valves for normal use. If they are wrong, cold water can't enter it to warm up. And it is bad to very bad to run it without any water in it.
    If the heater is cold, you can pull the silver lever on the pressure relief valve (in the outside burner compartment) to make sure the heater is really full, and there isn't a huge amount of air in it. Be careful, if there is hot water you could scald yourself. If water comes out, it is full.
    If it does have water, make sure for the outside spray hose that the hot and cold are both off. Leaving them on can cause the water to mix and be only lukewarm for the rest of the trailer. Normally though it would not result in full cold coming out of the other faucets.
    Can you hear the propane ignite/burn when having that switch turned on?
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FR8TFLYER View Post
    what kind of fan do you get for the inside the frig? how is it powered?
    This is what we bought, it is powered by running a wire through the drain tube into the rear of the frig. There is a relay with a spare terminal that supplies the voltage. I believe there is a video showing the installation. All of the above references our Dometic unit.

https://rvcoolingunit.com/Dometic-3-...-P5672097.aspx
    2020 Solitude 380FL-R
    2019 Ford F-350 DRW
    B&W Companion Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrislydo84 View Post
    We spent our first night in our 2022 2910bh last night. We are totally new to having a travel trailer and have a few questions about things that aren’t working properly.

1. The fridges light appears to be working and we have it on max temperature but it is not getting super cold. The freezer would definitely not freeze. Any tips on what to do? We have electricity on the site we are at.

2. Our water works but the water heater will not heat up? It never worked. We are on city water. What are we doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help!
    As you have the Furrion 12volt fridge, regardless if youre on shore power or not, check to make sure your converter is working . You should have the orange light for battery and the charging light should either be solid if fully charged or blinking if charging. If neither are in, that’s your issue. I had the same issue on my new TT?
    As for the hot water, did you turn the tank valves off bypass and ensure there was water running through the lines when only the hot water tap is on. If no water, the valves are in the wrong position. I also had the same issue, took me awhile to figure it out, but finally did.
    Good luck!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast