Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need help with fridge and water heater

We spent our first night in our 2022 2910bh last night. We are totally new to having a travel trailer and have a few questions about things that aren’t working properly.

1. The fridge light appears to be working and we have it on max temperature but it is not getting super cold. The freezer would definitely not freeze. Any tips on what to do? We have electricity on the site we are at.

2. Our water works but the water heater will not heat up? It never worked. We are on city water. What are we doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you have your rig hooked up to power before leaving? It can take up to 48hrs for it to reach proper temp, that’s why I have it hooked up to the house constantly....it’s nice and cold when we want to leave (we only have a 12v fridge, not an option for propane). For the water heater are you using electric or gas for it’s heat source.Electric can take longer to heat the water, first go around we usually use both to give it a “boost” so to speak. Then we turn the gas off and switch to just electric.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrislydo84 View Post
    We spent our first night in our 2022 2910bh last night. We are totally new to having a travel trailer and have a few questions about things that aren’t working properly.

1. The fridge light appears to be working and we have it on max temperature but it is not getting super cold. The freezer would definitely not freeze. Any tips on what to do? We have electricity on the site we are at.

2. Our water works but the water heater will not heat up? It never worked. We are on city water. What are we doing wrong?

Yes depending on which fridge you have it can take a long time to cool down, and make sure the RV is level, these RV fridges don't like to work when not level. Ours is a Dometic electric/propane, we also put a little battery fan inside aimed at the rear coils, it keeps it cooler, we can get the fridge down to 33*

The water heater, again depending on what kind you have there could be a second on/off switch on the outside of the RV. On the exterior, take the panel off the water heater and look for a little toggle switch.
    Last edited by Steven@147; 05-01-2022 at 06:23 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SubmarinersDoItDeeper View Post
    Did you have your rig hooked up to power before leaving? It can take up to 48hrs for it to reach proper temp, that’s why I have it hooked up to the house constantly....it’s nice and cold when we want to leave (we only have a 12v fridge, not an option for propane). For the water heater are you using electric or gas for it’s heat source.Electric can take longer to heat the water, first go around we usually use both to give it a “boost” so to speak. Then we turn the gas off and switch to just electric.

We have had it hooked up for a week but was only on mid, we have now switched to max as of 9 PM est. we have a 2910BH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have had it hooked up for a week but was only on mid, we have now switched to max as of 9 PM est. we have a 2910BH
    I believe the manual tells you to put it in High for 48hrs then once it hits proper temp drop to mid. Give it time....it will get there

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The trailer is level, we paid someone to set it up for us and they used levels. We have a Furrion 12v fridge.

We have a 2022 2910bh, checked and there is no toggle switch.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need help with fridge and water heater

The trailer is level, we paid someone to set it up for us and they used levels. We have a Furrion 12v fridge.

We have a 2022 2910bh, checked and there is no toggle switch.
    Like I said turn both switches on for gas and propane for your hot water heater, give it a few hours, if that doesn’t work let us know. You did shut your bypass valve after opening from the winter I’m assuming so water can get to the hot water heater?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our 12v Furrion fridge only takes a couple of hours to reach cold setting. That doesn't help trouble shoot your problem, but just a point of reference from another owner's experience. That's been consistent the three times we've had the new trailer out. Admittedly the ambient temps outside were probably in the 50's. However, I had a thermometer monitoring and the fridge began to cool very quickly.

Regards the hot water heater - is it the Furrion tankless version? Of so, it's propane only and your can definitely hear its little propane tank mixer burn when the hot water is running. I did find that it's very sensitive to water flow - if not enough flow of won't even turn on. If you're like me and used to conservating the holding tanks by turn the water on really low, the Furrion heater won't even kick on.

Additionally, this heater has a master on/off switch on the heater itself, accessed by removing the cover door on the exterior of the trailer. It's pretty obvious what the switch is once you have the panel open. Without that turned on you won't get hit water.

And if you don't have the Furrion tankless, that's all a moot point.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Mike and Rebecca Mullin, Bend OR
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2001 Chev 2500 HD, 8.1-liter gas, 4x4

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what kind of fan do you get for the inside the frig? how is it powered?

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed a couple regular 120mm computer-type fans for our fridge. I powered ours off the 12V that goes to the light. And I also installed a thermostat so they don't have to run constantly. They are secured to the fins with zip ties.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast