Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Custer to Estes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Custer to Estes

Will be traveling from Custer, SD to Estes Park, CO (Elk Meadows) via US16 (alt) to US385 to US18 to I25 in a few weeks. Anything in particular I should be aware of?

Edit: Admins - please move to appropriate section. Apologies.
    Last edited by daltontrio; 05-01-2022 at 06:58 PM.
    2021 F350 CCSB 4x4 SRW with Air Lift springs
    B&W Companion Slider
    2021 Solitude 375RES-R w/ disc brakes
    Formerly REI 6 man tent

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have driven that route a few times over the years most recently last year in the fall mid November in our 21 Blazer back to SD from Loveland, CO. We passed a Momentum and a few other RVs going both directions along with a number of semis as well. Overall road is very good with little traffic and shoulders all the way as I recall. We did take 89 to Pringle rather than go to Hot Springs by the way as well.

We stopped at a rest area just outside the west side of Lusk on the south side of the road.//Lady Bird Rest Area as I recall Big area, clean and well maintained. There is also a rest area north of Lusk at the intersection of 85/18 and one at the I25/18 intersection.

Lusk is essentially the only town with services/businesses/etc. between Hot Springs and I25. Not much on I25 to Cheyenne either with just a couple/three towns as I recall.

Along the route from north of Lusk to Cheyenne, there were many antelope herds with a number of good bucks with some pretty big horns. Got this old hunter excited.....Carol, not so much !

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, sincerely appreciate the detailed intel. We’re planning to go via Pringle as well.
    2021 F350 CCSB 4x4 SRW with Air Lift springs
    B&W Companion Slider
    2021 Solitude 375RES-R w/ disc brakes
    Formerly REI 6 man tent