User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Cord Winder is GREAT!

Quote Originally Posted by Pacific Fisher View Post
    When sales tech showed me around my new 310GK, he pointed to the Morryde power cord winder/storage mounted on the top of the left storage bay and kind of rolled his eyes. Does anyone use it for their 60 foot heavy/thick power cord. I confess I have not tried it as the cord looks too bulky to fit.
    I am thinking about removing it to install an upper level tray/hooks for storing stuff up off the floor.

Thanks
    I would at least try using the cord winder a few times before you dismantle it… including during colder temperatures. During our demo, they took the time to address being patiently intentional during the windup, and working the cord across the spool so that it doesn’t double over on you during the process. You want a single layer of cord, starting at either end, and then evenly adding a second layer once you reach the opposite end. We’ve had complete success every time. In addition to it being incredibly easy to wind and unwind, one of the best benefits is having that heavy cord completely out of the way when it’s wound up, and being able to wipe off mud and dirt during the windup… if you have a second set of hands.

I can’t overstate how convenient it is in helping to manage and store the cord. Don’t let rolled eyes or anyone’s comments influence you too much (mine included). Decide for yourself based upon lived experience.😎

Safe travels!
    Last edited by Mobile Mesa; 05-14-2022 at 03:04 PM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Mesa View Post
    I would at least try using the cord winder a few times before you dismantle it… including during colder temperatures. During our demo, they took the time to address being patiently intentional during the windup, and working the cord across the spool so that it doesn’t double over on you during the process. You want a single layer of cord, starting at either end, and then evenly adding a second layer once you reach the opposite end. We’ve had complete success every time. In addition to it being incredibly easy to wind and unwind, one of the best benefits is having that heavy cord completely out of the way when it’s wound up, and being able to wipe of mud and dirt during the windup… if you have a second set of hands.

I can’t overstate how convenient it is in helping to manage and store the cord. Don’t let rolled eyes or anyone’s comments influence you too much (mine included). Decide for yourself based upon lived experience.��

Safe travels!
    I agree with Mobil Mesa. I had my doubts too, but after using it once I am not winding up that heavy cord on the ground and picking it up and stuffing it in the bay any more. And my 77 year old back says thank you.

Steve
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R
    Andersen Ultimate TBX Morryde HD skid plate
    2016 Chevrolet 2500 SB Duramax

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use it every time and love it, especially in colder months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started inserting the midpoint of the power cord into the slot in the spindle. Then it winds/unwinds in half the time. I did stop using it for a while when I was having issues with the batteries discharging while towing (running the refr on inverter), as I was concerned about getting the power cord out with insuffient battery!

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
    Don
    2021 Solitude 310GK
    2020 Silverado 3500HD/CC/SB/SRW

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use the power winder every trip with no complaints.
    Retired US Army, Retired Florida Department of Law Enforcement
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2019 F-350 Platinum SRW w/ B&W Companion
    And a great wife….

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    The 50 amp cord that comes with the Solitudes is no where near 60' - more like 25 or 30'. Yes, we use the MORryde power reel all the time and love it. Just try wrestling that 50 amp cord on a 25 degree morning... which I'll wager your "sales tech" has never done.

Rob
    I agree with Rob. I use mine all the time, and while it's rolling up I hold the cord with a rag to clean it off. I just wish the cord was hard wired into the rig so you could roll out only what you needed.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heck-I guess my '18 is too old. My cord was under the bed when I bought it. Bought a HF air hose reel for 20 bucks, mounted it to a 2x6 & glued it to the floor. Has worked well for four years.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use mine all the time. Works great. I wear gloves and clean the cord as it winds.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use ours all the time. Besides auto level, one of the best feature IMO.
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Setting Up Camp
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like it - compact, neat storage. .But I don't use it when we have an early departure. It is a bit noisy and want to be a good neighbor.
    2020 Solitude 310GK Fifth Wheel
    2018 RAM 2500 Laramie Crew Cab 4X2 6'4" BOX 6.7–Liter I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel
    Andersen 3220 Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection - Gooseneck Mount Firestone 2598 Air Bags

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast