Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solitude 390RK-R vs 373FB-R?

I am just kind of curious for those of you who looked at the 390 or the 373 and which one you picked. What sent it over the edge for you, me and my wife are truly torn.

Any advice on the layouts?
    Janitor
    2021 Ram 3500 DRW
    SOLITUDE 390 GK-R
    FULL TIME 11/8/2022

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me and my wife looked at both. We have some buddies at our camp ground that have a 373RES as well and they like our 390RK but prefer their floor plan. For us it was two big things:

1. My wife did not want to come home and walk into the kitchen. We also really liked the wood wall behind the TV and the 2022 models added a mantel that we really like. Being the living room has a tall ceiling, it makes the living space much more roomy.
    2. The rear kitchen model is great because we can cook with multiple people up there and the island is awesome. Plus, we can eat at the table and overlook the living room. We can easily watch TV while we eat and then we transition down to the living room to relax.

Another thing most folks dont think about is heat rises, so temp control is easier when cooking and the living area stays cooler.

A detractor is the heating and cooling. Since the 390RK living room is down a level, it does not heat or cool as well. If the ACs are kicking, then it is likely warm in the couch area. If the heat is on, then it is likely cool in the couch area. The other parts of the coach feel better in that sense.

If accessing the refrigerator while on the road is important, then it is more difficult with the 390 because you have to put out two slides to get to it vs one for the 373RES. I hope that helps and let me know if you have any questions.
    My Truck: 2016 Ram 3500 Laramie, CCLB SRW 4x4, 68RFE, 6.7 Cummins, rear air. MODS: MM3 w/tunes, EGR and grid heater delete, GDP airhorn and heater, ARP head studs, 5" TBE, billet VB, Thuren .5" lift/sway, Fox remote res shocks, Morimoto HIDs and LED fogs. My 5th Wheel: 2022 Grand Design 390 RK, 3 ACs, Gen Prep, too much storage ~16,500 rolling.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We looked at the 390, but only seating for 2 for eating was a turn-off. Sure you can sit on the sofas with tray tables, but having at least seating for 4 was important. 373 can only sleep 4, so if that is enough, you're fine. We went with the 380FL for extra sleeping capacity when my daughter and grandkids some with us. The 1/2 bath was also important. If it wasn't for the daughter/grandkids, would have gone with the 382 instead.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Humble View Post
    I am just kind of curious for those of you who looked at the 390 or the 373 and which one you picked. What sent it over the edge for you, me and my wife are truly torn.

Any advice on the layouts?
    Not a fan of any layouts that have 2 sets of stairs. 1 set of stairs is enough.
    2021 Solitude 310GK
    2021 F350 DRW 4x4 CC XL 176" WB 6.7L PSD