Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    @JKellerJr
    For whatever reason your photo can't be displayed. Maybe try again? When selecting the "Attachment 40398" a new page pops up saying "...invalid attachment specified...". Not sure what this is all about.

As for the noise - I'll be watching. I plan to convert over to the Reese Goosebox using the B&W ball if my new truck ever gets built by Ford.

My current arrangement (MorRyde pin box on a Demco autoslider) clunks when starting and stopping but I attribute that to requiring adjustment to the pick mounting pins on the hitch - which I have chosen not to do as it has a pretty short 'life' coming up soon.
    This is wierd.....
    When I view the post this is what I see....

Attachment 40400
    st).

It's that link to an attachment that's in question. If you want, go into that post and go to advanced edit and see if you can manage that attachement (delete it completely or just from the post). I'm not sure it's worth all that trouble. I just thought you had a photo you wanted folks to see.
    ARGH - I associated the post with the wrong user.
    @ajg617
    Somehow your photo cannot be viewed. Maybe try to post it again.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "under 14' " isn't a good enough number...
    There are plenty of bridges along the interstate system (and even more off it!) that are at 13'6" or 13-7... (I am looking at you Michigan and Illinois)
    Semi trucks are 13-5 or so high...

I would want to make sure I know how tall I am before I do something noisy and expensive...
    Grab a buddy and check out the true number...
    2021 Transcend 261bh
    2021 Ford F-150 3.5eb

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sirtate View Post
    "under 14' " isn't a good enough number...
    There are plenty of bridges along the interstate system (and even more off it!) that are at 13'6" or 13-7... (I am looking at you Michigan and Illinois)
    Semi trucks are 13-5 or so high...

I would want to make sure I know how tall I am before I do something noisy and expensive...
    Grab a buddy and check out the true number...
    Measured it today - 13' 5". Phew
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @JKellerJr
    For whatever reason your photo can't be displayed. Maybe try again? When selecting the "Attachment 40398" a new page pops up saying "...invalid attachment specified...". Not sure what this is all about.

As for the noise - I'll be watching. I plan to convert over to the Reese Goosebox using the B&W ball if my new truck ever gets built by Ford.

My current arrangement (MorRyde pin box on a Demco autoslider) clunks when starting and stopping but I attribute that to requiring adjustment to the pick mounting pins on the hitch - which I have chosen not to do as it has a pretty short 'life' coming up soon.
    Larry,
    Just got off the phone with Reese after about 200 mile overnight. Seems the noise is somewhat normal and more likely from where the ball inserts into the puck according to the tech I spoke with. They recommended some stiff grease on the ball and around the insert into the puck. I inspected the Goosebox when I got home after cleaning the grease out and can't initially see any issue other than I'll re-torque the mounting bolts though there was no evidence of movement on the wings.

When the Goosebox arrived, Reese had installed the coupler shaft 180 degrees out so that there was no way a ball could be inserted. They told me that sometimes when the factory assembles them, it can happen - just something to keep in mind. It's an easy switch - can only be correct or 180 degrees out.

All in all, pulled very nice - had to for my wife to say she couldn't even feel we were pulling anything.

John
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lower your rig to under 13ft 5in
    The pucks will pop when braking because they are loose, not hard to tighten.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12