User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by crv0262 View Post
    We just purchased a 310GK with a Morryde. TV is a 2022 3500HD Duramax with the 5th wheel prep. I planned to go with B&W Companion OEM 5th Wheel Hitch for Chevy/GMC Towing Prep Package - Dual Jaw - 25,000 lbs. It looks like this is a solid set up. As this is my 1st 5th wheel, just wanting to be sure this would meet the needs.
    You might want to consider a B&W Slider if you have a short bed
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks - it's the 8' bed / LWB. I thought I did not need a slider with the LWB.
    Last edited by crv0262; 06-21-2022 at 02:01 PM. Reason: missed word
    Clark and Jane (& Riley our Chocolate Lab)
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R, Solar Package, Slide Toppers, ABS
    2022 Silverado 3500HD SRW 8' High Country, B&W Companion 20K Hitch
    Previous Rigs: 2016 Cross Roads Sunset by THOR - 250RB, 2016 2500 HD Double Cab Gas

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't go wrong with B&W. And you can take that to the bank.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark390 View Post
    We tow our 310GK with a 20k B&W Companion hitch, puck system. Works like a charm.
    Mark, I also have a 310GK. TV is a 2022 GMC 3500 standard bed that measures 6’10” with a pullrite auto slider. I would like to replace the pullrite with the 20K B&W Companion hitch for the puck system. We pretty much have the same setup. Have you been in a backing up situation where you wished you had the slider or does the fixed hitch do everything you want it to. Thanks

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fixed hitch does everything I want, no issues, but I'm pretty careful in tight spots.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gordon,
    I have that same hitch you are referring to, my truck is a 2020 chevy 3500 with the same size bed. I can almost turn 90 degrees without any worries.
    Dan, Marcia, Emilee, Tanner, Zac
    2020 Chevy 3500 HD Crew 6.6L Duramax
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303 RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mark and Dan. Thanks for the reply. That’s what I wanted to hear. I have not made a 90 degree turn yet.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasBR549 View Post
    WeÂ’re making the switch from a bumper pull trailer to a 280RS fifth wheel. Our TV is a 2020 Chevy 2500HD. No one knows what the future holds, but weÂ’re going into this with the intent that we will keep this rig for a long time. The truck did not come equipped for fifth wheel towing. With our bumper pull trailer, the truck always drove like there was nothing behind us. No straining, no bouncing. Just a smooth ride no matter the terrain or road condition.

In researching 5er hitches, I’ve read a lot about people who have chosen air ride hitches (like Hensley). But never having towed a 5er before, I really don’t know how much of an issue “chucking” will be and if it’s worth the extra cost from the beginning.

So IÂ’m looking for advice, experience, and opinions about buying a B&W or Curt from the start versus the expense of an air ride hitch from the start.
    You can order the under bed rails from etrailer for a Reese Elite series hitch, and have the puck system in your Chevy (I did it on my 2013 anyway). It will be the Ford puck spacing tho. I then bought a Hensley BD5 fiver hitch. It does move quite a lot when towing, isolating the truck from the trailer. I’ve never towed with a fixed hitch, so I can’t say if it was worth it, but I can say that I don’t feel any shock from the trailer when it hits bumps. If not for feeling the truck hit a bump, I would never know the trailer did. I have the MorRyde pin box, so that probably helps some as well.
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5
    MORRyde 8k IS, QD8000 Genny, Dual 5kVA Quattros
    Dual SOK 48V 100ah Server Rack Batts (10kWHr)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reds2117 View Post
    We just purchased GD 346FLS and we also bought a chevy 3500 short bed with the fifth wheel prep. Can anyone recommend what type of hitch to purchase ?
    Thanks

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

We have had the Air-Safe hitch for 7 years now and have been happy with it. Tey do make them in slider versions. They have 4 big air bags and 2 shocks. These allow the head to move in all directions to take out up to 95% of the chucking and bucking. You might want to look at the comfort ride hitch. It uses air cells that work very well and no air lines to deal with.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the super glide hitch and loved it when I had my short bed, my new set up it’s a non issue. That said, keep in mind if you purchase a different 5r someday there might be the chance you have to purchase a new capture plate.
    2019 GD Reflection 320MKS
    2020 Ford F-450 crew cab Lariat plus DRW

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123