User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dometic Thermorstat Doesn't Work

I just bought a used 2018 Reflection 307MKS, and the thermostat does not work. It jumps all over the place and shuts off at random. I came across online posts about removing the cover. Any help would be appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by easy_e View Post
    I just bought a used 2018 Reflection 307MKS, and the thermostat does not work. It jumps all over the place and shuts off at random. I came across online posts about removing the cover. Any help would be appreciated.
    As I recall, there was a 'bad" batch of thermostats in that time frame. There were a number of folks reporting this on the forum back then. We had the GDRV Factory Service center add a second Dometic AC in our 303 in the spring of 2018 and it was sensitive as well.......jumping up and down, heat to AC, to Off, etc. as you shared. I called the service center and they sent a new thermomstat which I installed and it works fine.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by easy_e View Post
    We had the same issues with our 2018 303. Called Grand Design and the sent us a new one.
    Matt & Dana , Kasey the Australian Cattle Dog
    2018 303rls
    2012 Ram 2500 6.7 diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Contact Dometic. There is a free replacement cover that improves the situation. However if all else fails, just take the cover off - then things should work properly. I am thinking of replacing mine with something different so I get an interior temperature reading and not just the temp setting.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, All. I pulled the cover, and it works fine. I will call Dometic for a new cover.