User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like all those hours reading and researching has paid off. All the items you suggested I already have bookmarked.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also have a 30 amp trailer and I installed a hardwired EMS-HW30C RV Surge & Electrical Protector from progressive industries. Its a good unit and their is no worries forgetting it at campsite. It was fairly each to install. I installed the surge protector behind the main electrical panel and installed the remote display panel right next the main switch panel (for the lights, slide out, etc) so its real easy to see.

https://www.progressiveindustries.net/ems-hw30c

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never drink from the TT. I do have a cheap Campo filter on the water line, but I purchase a a couple of gallons of drinking water to drink. At around a dollar a gallon it’s cheap and never has an after taste. I just don’t trust my hoses and tanks for what goes in my body.
    BigSam
    2021 Imagine 2500 RL
    2020 F150 SuperCab FX4 6.5 Bed 5.0L Engine
    Carry Cap 2066# Tow Cap 9100# Truck 7050# GWVR

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSam View Post
    I never drink from the TT. I do have a cheap Campo filter on the water line, but I purchase a a couple of gallons of drinking water to drink. At around a dollar a gallon it’s cheap and never has an after taste. I just don’t trust my hoses and tanks for what goes in my body.
    I agree, I do the same. I have had trailers since the late 60s and I have never used the fresh tank for drinking water.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by docque View Post
    Ok, TT bought and we are looking at getting ready for the first trip. We are looking into two items to purchase because I feel that you may not get the best from some campgrounds and that is water and electrical.

Being a nerd with a network in my house that most businesses would envy I know that protecting that equipment is important. That being said I am looking into surge protectors. I know you need to protect against spikes but I think low voltage is an issue also. So, do I get a surge protector or an EMS system?

Now water. That is a crap shoot too. Just general use a standard filter would work. But for drinking water should I use like a charcoal filter on the main line and a brita (or equivalent) to make it drinkable?

Most of the other stuff is simple. Like hoses, cord, etc. These I feel are the more important ones for the safety of us and the TT.
    Water is very important to me. I had two stainless steel water containers made that sit between the hitch and the wheel wells. 16 gallons of Kentucky well water goes with me on my long trips.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	water containers.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	40644

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12