User Tag List

Thread: Yukon SUV

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yukon SUV

Hello,
    Newbie here, and I apologize now as I'm sure these type questions are asked a lot. I have gone through a fair amount of information but haven't really found information specific to one of my questions. I see most people are towing with a truck and I intend to tow with my full size SUV.
    I have a 2023 Yukon with the 3.0 liter diesel. It is equipped with the trailer package and has the airbags to help level. It is rated to tow 7,800lbs with an 800 lbs. tongue weight.
    I am intending to pull the trigger on an Imagine XLS 22MLE. It states a tongue weight of 480 but I understand this does not include batteries, propane, etc. So I expect this to be a little over 500lbs when empty. The dry weight is listed at about 5,175lbs. I can't see loading more than 1,000 lbs. since this is just for my wife and I. So the overall weight does not really concern me too much, as that lands me around 6,200lbs or 80% of towing capacity (about equal to the curb weight of the TV). My Max Payload is 1,565, and with just me and my wife and maybe a few items we would carry in the TV we would be well under 500lbs. Leaving over 1000 payload. All this said, I'm not able to find anything regarding where the fresh water tanks are located. We intend to travel with about 20 gallons of freshwater and some in the black tank. I expect the tank location to have an impact on tongue weight, just not sure what? Since the main storage is upfront this will add to tongue weight but the kitchen and bath are in the rear that should reduce some tongue weight. Can anyone provide some details on where the freshwater tank is located? And can I get some ideas of the average tongue weight people see when loaded? I understand there are multiple ways to load a trailer that can affect these weights. But if I know it's not a difficult task to keep my tongue weight where it needs to be. This helps me have the confidence to pull the trigger soon. However if most are well over 800lbs then I may need to consider a different direction. Also, If anyone owns and has towed the 22MLE with the Yukon I would appreciate any feedback on that also.
    Thank you all very much for your time.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the group. With a good WDH, you should be OK. Disregard the UVW numbers and concentrate on GVWR of 7000 lbs and 12.5% to 15% of that for tongue weight. We all pack differently, but my numbers on our 22mle when packed for a trip is usually at 6,200lbs and 760lbs tw. That's scaled numbers and with 8 to 10 gallon fresh and 5 gallon in the black tank and 6 gallon in the hw.
    PS you'll be surprised at how much stuff we carry in our TV.
    Our TV payload is 1426lbs
    Hope these numbers help you in your decision making.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fresh water tank is pretty much over the axles. My tongue weight is just over 650lbs and my batteries aren’t on the tongue anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the numbers and the context is very helpful.