I recommend we agree to disagree on this. Peace.
Sure, but I can't leave it on this analogy because it's missing an important point.

If I increased the size of all the headers in my house it would be "safer." And if I doubled up the floor joists it would be "better." I could measure the improvement in design margin for each change and claim overall the house was improved by the changes. But in the end it was fine when it met the original requirements, which were set by the building code.
This analogy doesn't hold because no normal person, without tearing the house apart, would be able to tell the difference between a double and single joist setup. A more reasonable analogy would be floor joists that were rated to hold the floor, but you could feel the floor flex under you. Unlikely to break, but any normal person would be able to feel the difference between a single and doubled up joist.

That's more akin to the difference between a SRW and DRW. Anyone who's towed anything of size would, within a few miles, know if they are using a SRW or DRW. It's a very significant difference in the "butt in seat" feel. A more apt comparison would be the difference between towing with a gas vs diesel. Will the gas engine tow it? Sure it will. Will the diesel tow it better? Your darn right it will, and any normal person would recognize the difference. There are a lot of good reasons not to buy a diesel (COST!!), but nobody would mistake a diesel for a gas engine when towing; it's a much better engine for towing heavy, has an exhaust brake, doesn't rev to the moon. More comfortable, more power and, when the conditions get nasty; big uphills/downhills, you'll notice it even more.

You may not want to respond, and I understand and respect that, but, just curious, have you ever towed something big with a dually? This may be one of those discussions where we're talking past one another because we don't have the shared experience of seeing the difference?