User Tag List

Thread: Pin box switch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pin box switch

Our Solitude 310GK arrived at the dealer after a 4 month wait. The agreement was for the dealer to install a Reese Goosebox prior to delivery. Dealer just called to say unit is ready but that GD changed from a Moryde pinbox to a Rhino and the Goosebox will not fit. I am not happy!! Has anyone else experienced this most unpleasant surprise and has anyone found an adapter or some sort of work around ? From the very beginning of my negotiations with the dealer I made it clear I wanted the Goosebox so I would have full use of my truck bed and now this. What can I do short of refusing the unit?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will a GenY Goosneck pin box work for you like this one https://www.etrailer.com/Gooseneck-a...ch/GY38GR.html
    Last edited by Jerryr; 05-06-2022 at 09:56 PM.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are a couple of other very recent threads on this very topic - you can use the search function to find them. If I recall correctly, the Goose Box will not fit, but Gen-Y has one that will.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I imagine the Andersen Ultimate hitch would also fit and it is minimal effort to regain the use of bed space.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jblanchard View Post
    Our Solitude 310GK arrived at the dealer after a 4 month wait. The agreement was for the dealer to install a Reese Goosebox prior to delivery. Dealer just called to say unit is ready but that GD changed from a Moryde pinbox to a Rhino and the Goosebox will not fit. I am not happy!! Has anyone else experienced this most unpleasant surprise and has anyone found an adapter or some sort of work around ? From the very beginning of my negotiations with the dealer I made it clear I wanted the Goosebox so I would have full use of my truck bed and now this. What can I do short of refusing the unit?
    You are correct. I have the same problem. I went with the Andersen Ultimate. I have called Reese and they are working on a Rhino model. According the the person I talked to it should be available soon. Give them a call to find out.
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R
    Andersen Ultimate TBX Morryde HD skid plate
    2016 Chevrolet 2500 SB Duramax

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry about the unpleasant surprise. Seeing that this is your first post, I'd like to welcome you to the forum.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is me just being curious... is the frame flange that the pin box connects to different?

I would think that would be the same regardless of the pin box installed.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE