Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anderson WDH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anderson WDH

Anyone using the Anderson WDH? If so how does it do transferring weight back to your front axle? Using the Husky Centerline now & it does a good job with weight and sway but its heavy and I hate having to lift the backend of the truck up to engage the bars. Curious to hear from people who have experience with it good or bad. Also what set-up do you use it with (truck & size of trailer)?
    Jason & Jamie
    2016 F150 Lariat Supercrew 4x4, 5.0L, 3.55
    2020 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    The Great PNW!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had an Andersen 3350 with my F-250 pulling a Momentum 31g. I was never able to completely eliminate sway. I've since coughed up and bought a Weigh Safe.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    2018 F-250 crew cab 6.7 Powerstroke
    2022 Grand Design Momentum 349m
    https://www.epgsoft.com/visited-stat...100&format=png

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can give you advice on the Andersen but if your only issue with your current hitch is engaging the bars is it possible to engage them before you drop the trailer down on the ball?
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R
    Andersen Ultimate TBX Morryde HD skid plate
    2016 Chevrolet 2500 SB Duramax

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Takes 15-20 secs to lift the rear of the truck up. It also puts less stress on all the mechanisms involved.
    Easier on the owner as well.
    It's not a race to hitch and most TT's these days have elec jacks.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm also entertaining the idea of changing my Husky Centerline for the Anderson. Not just because of weight but mostly because it's noisy. It works great at weight distribution and sway it's just noisy and it is on the heavy side. You will still need to lift the rear of the truck to disengage the Anderson though. Many users on here love their Anderson.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stvaughn View Post
    I can give you advice on the Andersen but if your only issue with your current hitch is engaging the bars is it possible to engage them before you drop the trailer down on the ball?
    NO, not the way Husky designed it. If someone knows how, I'm all ears.
    Jason & Jamie
    2020 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    The Great PNW!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    Takes 15-20 secs to lift the rear of the truck up. It also puts less stress on all the mechanisms involved.
    Easier on the owner as well.
    It's not a race to hitch and most TT's these days have elec jacks.
    Not looking to beat anybody in a race, maybe my first post wasn't clear. Sometimes with the Husky you have to raise the back end of your truck up 6-12" to get the bars engaged. Plus its not the lightest thing in the world to carry around & noisy as well. I will continue to use it if the Anderson isn't equal or better. Don't want to spend the $$$ on a ProPride.
    Jason & Jamie
    2020 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    The Great PNW!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have only used the Anderson, and am quite happy with it. I should note that I am "over-trucked", pulling a 22RBE with a Ram 2500 Hemi. Both my tow weight and payload are at about 50% of capability. That said, it is one hand driving all the way for me, even when being passed/passing semis or other trailers. We have friends that have a trailer of similar size and upgraded from a Ram 1500 to a 2500 for this reason, so my wife insisted we buy our 2nd truck first. She is much smarter than I am.
    Good luck with your decision.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    2021 Ram 2500 Hemi, Crew Cab Short Bed
    2-206 AH SOK Batteries, Victron MultiPlus 3000VA Inverter, 800 watts solar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alias100 View Post
    I have only used the Anderson, and am quite happy with it. I should note that I am "over-trucked", pulling a 22RBE with a Ram 2500 Hemi. Both my tow weight and payload are at about 50% of capability. That said, it is one hand driving all the way for me, even when being passed/passing semis or other trailers. We have friends that have a trailer of similar size and upgraded from a Ram 1500 to a 2500 for this reason, so my wife insisted we buy our 2nd truck first. She is much smarter than I am.
    Good luck with your decision.
    Thanks for the info. That is definitely more truck than I have. I have read that some people have had trouble with the Anderson on tow vehicles with the shorter wheel base? Kind of the same boat I'm in, I have the 5.5' bed. Not sure if I want to spend $600 if I'm not sure it will give the results I'm looking for? If I decide to stay with the WDH w/bars I'm thinking of buying the Weigh Safe.
    Jason & Jamie
    2020 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    The Great PNW!

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used a Husky for over 20K miles. I never raised my truck more then about 6", and than used the bar that they give you if needed. I liked raising the truck to verify the ball was locked in. The Husky did a great job, but absolutely no sneaking out quietly in the campground.

If I were to go back to a TT, I would probably look at purchasing the weight safe hitch for what it offers in measuring the hitch weight, and so far most really like them.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast