User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    I think its a game the manufacturers play with stated cargo capacities and such. I don't think the bigger tank was an option for our 2018, maybe so.
    The 2020 had the 50 gal option but we bought off the lot. Don't get it. Three 3500s including 2 duallys. All had factory puck system and none had the larger tank.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBrewer View Post
    I usually only travel with a minimal amount (5 gallon-ish) of fresh water in the tank and that is only so we can use the toilet when traveling. We don't typically boon-dock and most campsites have a place where you can fill the fresh water tank if the sites don't have full hock-ups.
    Didn't know how much we'd use but month long trip coming up with mix of Harvest Hosts and Campsites. Destination will be 6 nights in a state park with only electric at the site - water and dump available but at central location. Kitchen gray tank hit 1/3 full in 2 nights. Paper plates and cups next trip.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Didn't know how much we'd use but month long trip coming up with mix of Harvest Hosts and Campsites. Destination will be 6 nights in a state park with only electric at the site - water and dump available but at central location. Kitchen gray tank hit 1/3 full in 2 nights. Paper plates and cups next trip.
    If using HH then you're going to have to carry more water than if traveling between full hookup sites.

As for the state oark just fill your fresh water when you get to there and then dump when leaving.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    If using HH then you're going to have to carry more water than if traveling between full hookup sites.

As for the state oark just fill your fresh water when you get to there and then dump when leaving.
    That's the plan. One reason I altered the route to stay at a Nebraska City campground the night before arrival - fill fresh and dump before Lake Vermillion. Staying at HH on the way back.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use Harvest Hosts as well, very nice places so far. We have found some that have full hook ups, or just water and or power, but they are few.
    While on the road between destinations we usually dump every other overnight. Don't want to carry that much extra water weight.
    As far as tank capacities, we usually can go 6-7 nights easy using our own facilities and holding tanks. Much longer if we use state park campground facilities, they are usually good. With minimal hook ups we keep water usage to a minimum, utilizing water on water off showers, paper plates, cups and plastic utensils, microwavable meals, or just pot and pan washing. So far we haven't had the need for a honey wagon (I don't know why they call them that / anything but honey). If we are transitioning between State Parks we dump when leaving and if it has been a few overnights between State Parks we dump when arriving at a State Park before we get to our site.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    6) Check things out that you hadn't tried before. In our case, cable TV was a non-starter on one TV (though we probably won't use it much). Couldn't lock the front compartment (batteries and generator) because the lock didn't reach the door frame (graphite lube all locks - ours really needed it). No documentation on the satellite booster button in the manual.
    We have the same issue with our generator bay door and I'm curious as to what GDRV might have told you. I've had a case opened for months and am waiting for the replacement door to be delivered to my dealer, but I'm wondering if the bay door cutout is actually a bit misshapen because it looks like it forms a very shallow "V" where the lock should catch.
    Matt & Danielle
    2022 F350 DRW Platinum 6.7L
    2022 Solitude 382WB-R, 8k Morryde IS/Disc, DPW, FBP, 5.5kw Onan, 1kAh BB, Victron MPii 2x120
    Engineer, Cattle Rancher/Grass Farmer, Aviator

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Concerning latching lower storage etc.. On our 2022 310 the latches attached to the body are soft aluminum and bend easily if you slam doors. I carry and used some channel locks to tune by bending them in or out to latch "just right" and do not slam them.

My 2020 F350 long bed thankfully came with 50 gallon tank.

Since we were pretty much only staying at "hook ups" we carried maybe 20% in freshwater for a little balance and stopping along road.

We too have had some trouble getting TV to Blue tooth Sync etc with other sources.
    TV keeps wanting to sell ROKAR subscription.
    2022 Soulitude 310 GK Disc Brakes, Solar, Onan LP
    2021 F350 CC LB 7.3 Godzilla, 430 Gears, B&W Companion, Morryde Pin Box, Garmin 890 RV GPS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacific Fisher View Post
    Concerning latching lower storage etc.. On our 2022 310 the latches attached to the body are soft aluminum and bend easily if you slam doors. I carry and used some channel locks to tune by bending them in or out to latch "just right" and do not slam them.

My 2020 F350 long bed thankfully came with 50 gallon tank.

Since we were pretty much only staying at "hook ups" we carried maybe 20% in freshwater for a little balance and stopping along road.

We too have had some trouble getting TV to Blue tooth Sync etc with other sources.
    TV keeps wanting to sell ROKAR subscription.
    Unfortunately, my generator door isn't one of the "slam latch" styles that easily adjust like all of the others on my rig. In this case, there's a gap of 1/4-1/2" between the bottom of the door and the bottom of the frame that allows road grime & water to enter, covering all the batteries & genny with dust. I've tried to adjust the door frame, but I'm just going to have to wait for some sort of replacement.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3610 (1).jpeg 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	40572
    Matt & Danielle
    2022 F350 DRW Platinum 6.7L
    2022 Solitude 382WB-R, 8k Morryde IS/Disc, DPW, FBP, 5.5kw Onan, 1kAh BB, Victron MPii 2x120
    Engineer, Cattle Rancher/Grass Farmer, Aviator

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Been 20 years since we pulled a TT so the 5th wheel experience was new but the first trip in the new 310 was very interesting. On the whole the remembered more than I thought but also discovered what I didn't need to bring and what I should have brought. Some observations below for anyone interested.

1) Made an arrival and departure checklist unique for us. What I discovered was that the order of what we had planned changed on any given day depending upon a lot of factors we hadn't considered - like closing up and then dumping but having to open up again, turn water on, and regen the black tank.
    2) Weights for one weekend were too high (all well within payload and vehicle weights). I brought far too many tools which I discovered I wouldn't need and could buy on the way if needed. Examples, I need two specific allen wrenches and I brought a set. I carried a set of 3/8 sockets, ratchet, and wrenches - nope. Bought a 50 pack of shop rags - needed one. Don't need a full set of impact sockets. List goes on and will be culled.
    3) We spent more time trying to connect/disconnect sewer and fresh water. For us older folks with new slinky gear, sewer wrenches would have saved us a half hour in departure/arrival tear down/setup. Trying to coil/uncoil unpack/pack a 'kink-free' fresh water hose another 20 minutes. Wrenches and new hose ordered. A short 10 ft hose to rinse things off before packing (like chocks) is worth it since we had already disconnected the water.
    4) Checked the lugs before we left. Specs say 120-140 ft-lbs. Figured I'd set the torque wrench to 130. 6 of the lugs on the two rear tires didn't meet it. Prior to the trip back, upped to 140 ft-lbs and 5 of the lugs on the front two tires didn't meet it. Check your lugs - only an 80 mile trip each way.
    5) Tire link is useful but very finicky as are the Lippert and Compass Connect apps.
    6) Check things out that you hadn't tried before. In our case, cable TV was a non-starter on one TV (though we probably won't use it much). Couldn't lock the front compartment (batteries and generator) because the lock didn't reach the door frame (graphite lube all locks - ours really needed it). No documentation on the satellite booster button in the manual.
    7) We don't need 4 dinette chairs - two will be staying at home. We would have liked some disposable coffee cups with lids.
    8) The heat pump was an inexpensive investment and kept the propane off down to 43 degrees and kept the 310 warm inside. Didn't need the furnace. Very comfortable.
    9) Dual pane windows really do cut the noise and no condensation this trip.
    10) Our dry weights with a TV at 8920 lbs were 5500 steer axle, 6280 for drive axle, 10480 for trailer. For a two night stay the numbers were 5480 steer axle, 6580 drive axle, and 11440 for trailer. 1240 lbs added with 2/3 fresh water fill. Very easy to get the weight up. Will be looking to move locations of some items
    11) 32 gal fuel tank is not enough. 180 miles and 3/4 tank used - mostly flat territory. That will be my challenge this week - bigger fuel tank. Used 1/4 tank DEF.
    12) 3 case numbers opened up with Grand Design and one with dealer/Reese.
    13) The new mattress isn't as bad as I thought it would be though I wish we had ordered the queen instead of king.
    14) The VIAIR was indispensable. Needed to increase tire pressure on a tire on both start and finish, and needed to add air to the Goosebox or we would have had a very harsh ride home.
    15) For us, small sizes of food staples for a month trip are fine. Big is not better.
    16) If GD could make two changes to the 310, I'd ask for lower storage at the rear of the 310 and reversing the location of the optional dishwasher (we don't have it) and the drawer pulls to put heavier items behind or on the axles. The cabinets over the rear sofa have no weight capacity according to GD and I would be hesitant to load much in them after seeing how they are attached. Some subtle weight and balance changes would be welcome.

Anyway, great shakedown and fun time in prep for longer trip.
    cheers,
    John
    Here is my setup. I carry all my tools in my truck. I have a 60 gallon aux tank with a tool compartment in top. The 5th wheel box is actually a storage box for a dog carrier. I have it mounted on rails.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220511_163212.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	40573Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220511_163224.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	103.9 KB 
ID:	40574Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220511_163246.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	103.2 KB 
ID:	40575

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another Small Tank

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffnCheri View Post
    Very good write up. I also tend to go heavy on tools and equipment. I absolutely agree on the VIAIR. I feel your pain on the gas tank volume. I'm looking for fuel every 200 miles.
    My 2012 F-250 with 6.7 diesel also has a 26-gallon tank! I am also on the 200 mile chain...but as I get older I am usually ready to stop before then anyway. Who thought that was a good idea at Ford needs taken behind the wood shed! They definitely were not used to pulling heavy loads any distance. I have had some pucker factor moments out west (traversing Oregon West to East) trying to find diesel and have learned to pretty much fill up every time I get below half a tank.
    2012 F-250 6.7L Diesel, SRW
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast