User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's wonderful to have hope with a new rig. Me? I will be doing one of 2 things by the end of February 2023 (for reference we have a 2018 375RES Solitude)....Either tear the cheap crap building materials out and rebuild with quality what I thought I paid for, or going Class A. I have spent 3 freaking years plugging leaks and cussing about water damage to the cheap cellulose faux wood in this thing. The 375 is a great layout for full timers...like us. It fails with material quality and installation of any door and window to manufacturer installation....IOW, they all leaked and needed silicon caulk. The forward basement had leaked so bad before we bought this in 2019 from one of our young armed forces lads, I had to pull the flooring up that included where the furnace and water controls are housed and replace it.

Despite the GD catastrophe we bought, the wife and I are coming off 3 years on the road made interesting by the pandemic and the fact neither of us had spent anytime around RVs before we went crazy and sold everything with the house and bought our rig. I spent 40+ years around commercial construction and travel has been my friend all my life. As soon as I can get my bride as recovered from Covid as she'll ever be, we're doing a far West tour sans California, Washington and Oregon come March 1. What we travel in remains to be seen.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renovatio1791 View Post
    We have the same issue with our generator bay door and I'm curious as to what GDRV might have told you. I've had a case opened for months and am waiting for the replacement door to be delivered to my dealer, but I'm wondering if the bay door cutout is actually a bit misshapen because it looks like it forms a very shallow "V" where the lock should catch.
    Turns out the door is warped. If you look at it from end to end the bottom of the door is about 1/4 to 3/8 inch away from being flush with the center of the frame where the latch is. If I push the door in hard at the latch, turns out it will lock. I guess I just didn't push hard enough in the past. Still, there is only a 1/16 or so for the offset blade to grab the frame. GD has asked me to send pictures so we'll see.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    If using HH then you're going to have to carry more water than if traveling between full hookup sites.

As for the state oark just fill your fresh water when you get to there and then dump when leaving.
    Not every night. I'm only going to do 250-280 miles in a day so getting there will take some time. Two one night stay and then a two night stay to do something and relax a bit. 4 HH sites total this trip. Last night is a full campground and I will fill up and dump there or on arrival for 6 nights. I was surprised that in two nights, the kitchen gray tank was 1/3 full but we did eat in both nights. The manual gives the total gallons for both gray tanks - I haven't been able to find out how big each one is. yet.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123