User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a call into their tech guy now. There is no power going to the BT module from the Jaboni and the connector on the Jaboni never seemed secure. The app is another issue but without the BT module working, can't use it.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought I should update this thread, the rig has been off grid nearly three weeks.

The batteries are easily maintaining 99-100%, the 30a factory Jaboni solar charger is working very well. I did modify the trickle charge voltage, thru the app.

Factory inverter is also doing the job, why the on/off control panel is installed in the storage compartment escapes me. PIA it has a 2ah idle draw, it should be easily accessible to turn on/off as needed.

App's for batteries, Compass Connect, solar charger & propane are working well with the not so smart phone. What I find with the not so smart phone is that multi tasking such as streaming music & hot spotting best turned off when using RV app's.

My next project is to get a combo WIFI & internet going to monitor what I can when away from the property where it is parked. Originally I had planned to go with the Winegard Osprey plug & play module pre wired to the roof antenna. I've since abandoned that idea, MOFI5500 is on the radar.

BTW the Rockford Fosgate audio system sucks, I turned it on twice. The second time was to verify how bad it is. No fault of Rockford Fosgate, I suspect the same person who decided the placement of the WFCO control panel was involved. My Marshall Tufton is the temporary audio system.
    2022 Solitude 310GK, Factory option Include, Dual Pane Winders, Slide Toppers, Solar pacakge, Gen Prep, Pull Out Kitchen & Heat Pump
    Cheaters list so far Includes, Snap Pads, 2ea 200ah Smart Heated Lithium Batteries
    2014 Sierra 3500HD Duramax LWB SRW

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale B View Post
    Thought I should update this thread, the rig has been off grid nearly three weeks.

The batteries are easily maintaining 99-100%, the 30a factory Jaboni solar charger is working very well. I did modify the trickle charge voltage, thru the app.

Factory inverter is also doing the job, why the on/off control panel is installed in the storage compartment escapes me. PIA it has a 2ah idle draw, it should be easily accessible to turn on/off as needed.

App's for batteries, Compass Connect, solar charger & propane are working well with the not so smart phone. What I find with the not so smart phone is that multi tasking such as streaming music & hot spotting best turned off when using RV app's.

My next project is to get a combo WIFI & internet going to monitor what I can when away from the property where it is parked. Originally I had planned to go with the Winegard Osprey plug & play module pre wired to the roof antenna. I've since abandoned that idea, MOFI5500 is on the radar.

BTW the Rockford Fosgate audio system sucks, I turned it on twice. The second time was to verify how bad it is. No fault of Rockford Fosgate, I suspect the same person who decided the placement of the WFCO control panel was involved. My Marshall Tufton is the temporary audio system.
    I added another switch to mine. It came with 25' of phone cord. I then got 2 into 1 phone cord adaptor at Lowes. I plugged that into the inverter, then both phone cords into it. I mounted the new switch inside next to the Jaboni display. So both switches now control the inverter. Less than 40.00, and an hour or so.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    I added another switch to mine. It came with 25' of phone cord. I then got 2 into 1 phone cord adaptor at Lowes. I plugged that into the inverter, then both phone cords into it. I mounted the new switch inside next to the Jaboni display. So both switches now control the inverter. Less than 40.00, and an hour or so.
    I checked with WFCO & they did not have the option of a switch. They do have a p/n for another panel if I wanted to go that way. The way the 310GK is laid out @ the control area, not room for another panel. I'm thinking of swapping the position of the gen set panel, I will never have a built in gen set.

No Jaboni display, just the app that work's reasonable. Everything is apps including the BMS, I'm forcing myself to use them, My previous rig had the Bogart charge controller, battery monitor & WIFI. The battery power displayed in % was visible so it easy monitor, learned how to function on a single cct

Once I get internet & WIFI running 24/7 I'm sure another WIFI shunt will be on the priority list. The ability to monitor the RV while away will be sweet.
    2022 Solitude 310GK, Factory option Include, Dual Pane Winders, Slide Toppers, Solar pacakge, Gen Prep, Pull Out Kitchen & Heat Pump
    Cheaters list so far Includes, Snap Pads, 2ea 200ah Smart Heated Lithium Batteries
    2014 Sierra 3500HD Duramax LWB SRW

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed, 2 Amps per hour adds up over time. An easily accessible on/off switch is a real plus.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I checked with WFCO & they did not have the option of a switch. They do have a p/n for another panel if I wanted to go that way. The way the 310GK is laid out @ the control area, not room for another panel. I'm thinking of swapping the position of the gen set panel, I will never have a built in gen set.

No Jaboni display, just the app that work's reasonable. Everything is apps including the BMS, I'm forcing myself to use them, My previous rig had the Bogart charge controller, battery monitor & WIFI. The battery power displayed in % was visible so it easy monitor, learned how to function on a single cct

Once I get internet & WIFI running 24/7 I'm sure another WIFI shunt will be on the priority list. The ability to monitor the RV while away will be sweet.
    Do you have a WFCO inverter? I did not know that GD was using them. My Momentum has a Magnum.

Regardless, if the "control panel" is connected with a phone cord, you should be able to add a switch. All it takes is a momentary switch.

That switch is sold under several brand names. Buy the cheapest one as they are all the same.

I will add that having that switch does save a lot of power. We turn it off now a lot. Before we left it on pretty much all the time as going outside everytime we needed it gets old fast

Last edited by huntindog; 05-30-2022 at 01:36 PM.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12