Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Suburban SF-35Q

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suburban SF-35Q

My furnace blower wheel is broken, any tips on replacing.
    I have it loose but not enough room to pull it off, might
    have to pull the other side off?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skippypg View Post
    My furnace blower wheel is broken, any tips on replacing.
    I have it loose but not enough room to pull it off, might
    have to pull the other side off?
    We had to have ours replaced shortly after taking delivery. We used a mobile repair service. The cost ended up being less than $200 and most of that was the service call charge and labor. The part number was 350129 SF and the part cost $35. I want there when it was replaced but from what I saw, the whole blower assembly has to be removed from the furnace to access the screws to remove the squirrel cage. Ours sounded like something was hitting the wheel as it rotated. It got louder as the furnace heated up. It's a plastic squirrel cage by the way.
    2014 Ford F350 Supercab DRW
    2021 Solitude 378 MBS-R FBP, Dual pane windows

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkybeau1 View Post
    We had to have ours replaced shortly after taking delivery. We used a mobile repair service. The cost ended up being less than $200 and most of that was the service call charge and labor. The part number was 350129 SF and the part cost $35. I want there when it was replaced but from what I saw, the whole blower assembly has to be removed from the furnace to access the screws to remove the squirrel cage. Ours sounded like something was hitting the wheel as it rotated. It got louder as the furnace heated up. It's a plastic squirrel cage by the way.
    Thanks for your reply, I managed to get it all apart and replaced the blower wheel.
    If ever have another problem your have to take all the little screws out holding the
    the assembly with motor and replace either wheel or motor if it goes.
    After removing the cover the assembly it is pressure fit pull hard enough and
    it all comes out to replace whatever is wrong

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the late reply to your original post. Thanks for the information in case anyone needs it on the future!
    2014 Ford F350 Supercab DRW
    2021 Solitude 378 MBS-R FBP, Dual pane windows