User Tag List

Page 13 of 81 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Installed EasyStart on my air conditioner. Tested and blowing cold on genny. Added FanMate cover on my kitchen vent. It was super easy, just snap together the cover, line it up with the already in place clip holders, and insert cotter pins. Now I can leave the vent open even in the rain.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieK82 View Post
    I do too much work with programs that rely on Windows, Or I would. I may install Linux side by side Windows so I can pick what one to boot into during startup..
    Careful, once you get used to the rock-solid Linux you may find it hard to go back. One distro I've had good luck with is Ubuntu.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Careful, once you get used to the rock-solid Linux you may find it hard to go back. One distro I've had good luck with is Ubuntu.
    Running Fedora 35/36 with VirtualBox for the rare Windows programs I need.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Installed a DC to DC converter.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1557.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	41307
    Last edited by traveldawg; 06-20-2022 at 02:28 PM.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big day pampering the RV. Filled both grey tanks with water and 16 oz oz of Dawn detergent. Each. Filled black tank with sensor cleaner stuff. Added about 1000 pounds to the rv in holding tank water. Now. Wait a few days, dump it, and see if the gauges work any better.

So many are reporting flat springs. I hope the water weight doesn’t lead to that. But if it does, I’m ready with full forum know how to replace parts like crazy. Bring it on.

Checked the battery water in the Trusty lead acid batteries. All good. Can’t seem to get to converting to Lithium. I’ll just run the Genny. But never have cuz these RV joints have hook ups.

Ran the slides out and in. All good. Even the Schwintek slide works and sounds great. Everything I read in this forum leads me to believe the Schwintek will misbehave. A big worry. But no. All good.

Measured all the bunks and couch bed for mattress toppers. One can only hope the grandkids will be staying. At least a few days.

Put 4 year old generator gas in the car gas tank and will replace with new gas. (The car is a lease so no worries there) Good for another 4 years of dragging around a generator that is never used. This, in the truck bed next to the air compressor which is sometimes used. This, next to the jack stands, grease gun, and about 200 pounds of other essential tools and spares. Think bearing kits, wet bolts, propane hoses, torque wrench, breaker bar, etc. Reading the forum has me thinking I may need a spare axle or a spare spring or at least spare brake assemblies ( gotta have 2 of these cuz they say don’t just replace one side and leave the other to be old). But, one must remind themselves that one is retired and such things can be shipped to the RV joint as needed. Except perhaps for the supply chain’s broken links. Hmmm.

Checked all those hand tight fittings behind the nautilus panel. Only one was a bit loose.

Stopped at Lowes and got a PEX crimping tool, a couple of sticks of PEX, and some fittings. Just had to have em in my tool box. Maybe I’m reading the forum too much. Anyway, A happy Fathers Day is all about those tools you couldn’t justify any other time of the year.

Tire air pressure good. Didn’t bother checking the spare. I have a compressor in the truck bed that I can run anytime with power from the generator in the truck bed. Ha.

Will be rolling out in November for warmer climes and to visit family in Florida and California. Again. Not my first winter trip rodeo. Wanna be ready. Probably should make some rv park reservations. Ah. Can do that later. There will be plenty of room. Why with diesel at $6, the RV parks will be mostly empty. Maybe not.

Decided not to think about diesel for 10,000 miles of RV fun. Maybe it will go down later in the year. If not, we are going anyway. Will cut back on Jäegermeister to compensate. Can’t even buy two decent eBikes for what my fuel cost will be. What a bargain.

Where might we go between visiting our kids and their families? Perhaps wine country somewhere. Or one of those cheap but nice RV joints in Arizona where the weather is fantastic and so is the scenery and so are the people.

Kinda enjoy the maintenance thing. Sorry for the ramble. Remember this RB stuff is supposed to be super fun. It is for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyStar View Post
    Big day pampering the RV. Filled both grey tanks with water and 16 oz oz of Dawn detergent. Each. Filled black tank with sensor cleaner stuff. Added about 1000 pounds to the rv in holding tank water. Now. Wait a few days, dump it, and see if the gauges work any better.

So many are reporting flat springs. I hope the water weight doesn’t lead to that. But if it does, I’m ready with full forum know how to replace parts like crazy. Bring it on.

Checked the battery water in the Trusty lead acid batteries. All good. Can’t seem to get to converting to Lithium. I’ll just run the Genny. But never have cuz these RV joints have hook ups.

Ran the slides out and in. All good. Even the Schwintek slide works and sounds great. Everything I read in this forum leads me to believe the Schwintek will misbehave. A big worry. But no. All good.

Measured all the bunks and couch bed for mattress toppers. One can only hope the grandkids will be staying. At least a few days.

Put 4 year old generator gas in the car gas tank and will replace with new gas. (The car is a lease so no worries there) Good for another 4 years of dragging around a generator that is never used. This, in the truck bed next to the air compressor which is sometimes used. This, next to the jack stands, grease gun, and about 200 pounds of other essential tools and spares. Think bearing kits, wet bolts, propane hoses, torque wrench, breaker bar, etc. Reading the forum has me thinking I may need a spare axle or a spare spring or at least spare brake assemblies ( gotta have 2 of these cuz they say don’t just replace one side and leave the other to be old). But, one must remind themselves that one is retired and such things can be shipped to the RV joint as needed. Except perhaps for the supply chain’s broken links. Hmmm.

Checked all those hand tight fittings behind the nautilus panel. Only one was a bit loose.

Stopped at Lowes and got a PEX crimping tool, a couple of sticks of PEX, and some fittings. Just had to have em in my tool box. Maybe I’m reading the forum too much. Anyway, A happy Fathers Day is all about those tools you couldn’t justify any other time of the year.

Tire air pressure good. Didn’t bother checking the spare. I have a compressor in the truck bed that I can run anytime with power from the generator in the truck bed. Ha.

Will be rolling out in November for warmer climes and to visit family in Florida and California. Again. Not my first winter trip rodeo. Wanna be ready. Probably should make some rv park reservations. Ah. Can do that later. There will be plenty of room. Why with diesel at $6, the RV parks will be mostly empty. Maybe not.

Decided not to think about diesel for 10,000 miles of RV fun. Maybe it will go down later in the year. If not, we are going anyway. Will cut back on Jäegermeister to compensate. Can’t even buy two decent eBikes for what my fuel cost will be. What a bargain.

Where might we go between visiting our kids and their families? Perhaps wine country somewhere. Or one of those cheap but nice RV joints in Arizona where the weather is fantastic and so is the scenery and so are the people.

Kinda enjoy the maintenance thing. Sorry for the ramble. Remember this RB stuff is supposed to be super fun. It is for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wow that's a lot.
    I think I speak for most when I say, Thanks for making me feel like a lazy piece of crap. Lol
    2021 Reflection 340RDS
    2022 Ram 3500 Big Horn/CCSB//4X4/SRW/HEMI/4:10
    2019 Imagine 2250RK~Sold

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Installed bookshelves to help declutter our dining table in the MLE. I’ll add one more small one on top and then stain, if I can find a good color match. Haven’t found one yet.

Name:	BFE025AA-967E-4C7A-8103-8C843F0891C5.jpeg 
Views:	38 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	41413
    Randy and Kris

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Added security cam #5 , ordered camera #6 . Shifted the attention to the truck...new air filter in, and got started on new brake pads before the heat took over...will finish this evening.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Washed the Solitude today after multiple thunder showers last night and this morning. I used the Wash / Wax All pole and a bit of spray.

We are full time now and last night and today we are at Jubilee College Campground near Peoria, IL. KEN

Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I drilled a hole through my roof into my hutch. I used a 1 1/2 pvc pipe from the roof into the hutch to run wire for my mimo antenna. Exactly like a port hole. I can now run various wires from the inside of the coach, out through the roof without drilling anymore holes. I mounted the Mimo antenna on the roof next to the port hole. I have some pictures from the job I will post here. I have to do some cleanup with it. Get a shorter set of wires for the mimo and an extension pole to mount the mimo antenna on so it sits another 3-4 feet in the air. I can swivel the antenna down when driving and up with stationary. It's actually in the down position now and I'm getting over 100MBS via the router. On my phones, same service, I'm getting 10, so it's really boosting the signal.

Name:	2996ED93-1E3A-4424-AAA5-D104B0922F11.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	41562Click image for larger version. 

Name:	445DFCEC-A578-4E40-A552-CE340A8C8E52.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	41563Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CC800B7E-F2C7-496A-B380-EC0B80FB4D37.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	41564Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4752.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	105.7 KB 
ID:	41565
    Last edited by EddieK82; 07-02-2022 at 10:49 AM.
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

Page 13 of 81 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast