User Tag List

Page 58 of 81 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy Tim View Post
    How did you get past the metal baffle to get the fans out?
    When you open the top vent on mine there is a piece of luan paneling. I had to remove the luan to get to the old fans. To remove the luan you just have to push it in and the screws will pop out. I didn't put the new fans where the old ones were, but I didn't want them blocking the airflow. The new fans mounted to the top vent cover.
    2021 Reflection 340RDS
    2022 Ram 3500 Big Horn/CCSB//4X4/SRW/HEMI/4:10
    2019 Imagine 2250RK~Sold

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mkevinmarshsr View Post
    When you open the top vent on mine there is a piece of luan paneling. I had to remove the luan to get to the old fans. To remove the luan you just have to push it in and the screws will pop out. I didn't put the new fans where the old ones were, but I didn't want them blocking the airflow. The new fans mounted to the top vent cover.
    Thanks. Unfortunately mine is a metal baffle. I'm going to use a oscillating tool to carve out a window to get access to the fans. After replacing the fans my intent is to screw some flashing to the remaining window frame of metal left over from my cutting of the original metal.
    Tim
    2020 Reflection 320MKS, Sidewinder Hitch
    2003 2500HD Silverado Duramax, Sumo springs, Hawk Brake Pads

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've long said, that the people who design stuff, be they houses, military equipment or RV's, aren't the ones who have to use it and live with it. Here is an example. There is a finite amount of storage space in an RV, especially for full-timers. The 'pantry' that came in our 280RS had two lower cupboards. But only one is a real cupboard. The other is the circuit breaker box and fuse box. So our 'pantry' has just one low cupboard for heavy items. We did some modifications to the one low cupboard. We used some scrap plywood from the garage, color-matched paint, and cut down some old restaurant wire shelving we found in a dumpster behind a closed pizza place. I spray painted the shelving with some Rust-Oleum and when dry sprayed on two coats of acrylic sealer. Now we have shelving for canned goods. I was going to try to find something off the shelf. We went to Home Depot, Ikea, even the Container Store. There just wasn't anything that was going to work for an RV cupboard without a lot of modifications. So we did it ourselves.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230528_153219.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	46555 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230528_213255.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	46556
    2023 Reflection 150, Model 280RS
    Tow Vehicle - 2022 Ram 2500

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well actually it was yesterday but replaced the outdoor shower that has been broken since I bought my TT and finally got around to installing the TST 507 TPMS system. Next real project will be to install the Maxx Air fan I bought 3 months ago.
    2023 Reflection 297RSTS
    2020 F-250 Power Stroke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New GD 298 BH Owners

I continued to work on getting things prepared and ready. Today I installed a TV in the bedroom, which took longer than expected. After multiple scans returning zero channels, I had to take the coax cover off from behind the living room TV. I found two cables completely separated from the splitter. They were not crimped correctly and needed to be re-attached.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 298BH-MI View Post
    New GD 298 BH Owners

I continued to work on getting things prepared and ready. Today I installed a TV in the bedroom, which took longer than expected. After multiple scans returning zero channels, I had to take the coax cover off from behind the living room TV. I found two cables completely separated from the splitter. They were not crimped correctly and needed to be re-attached.
    It looks like this is your first post, welcome to the forum. Glad to hear you were able to find the source of your problem and then correct it.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In our last RV we usually only went out for a few weeks at a time. Now that we are full-time we need to make this rig as efficient as possible. My wife wanted a spice rack but there weren't a lot of options. We went on Amazon and bought a set of 4 wire racks with 24 glass bottles. I think it was less than $30. I painted a 1/4" thick piece of scrap plywood to match the cabinets and mounted these racks to it. Then mounted the board to the 'wall'. Was able to fine a few places to get a screw into what I presume is some sort of 1x2 framing around the fridge. My wife loved this. She spent a couple of hours filling the bottles and applying the pre-printed labels that came with the set. The nice thing is that it used basically a dead space and kept us from having to put these in a drawer or cabinet that is at such a premium.

Name:	20230529_130505.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	46585 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230529_165053.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	46586

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went to grease the wet bolts today and only 3 of 7 on the door side would take grease with a lock 'n' lube and deWalt grease gun. Lifted the door side a little and still nothing. Then my son suggested that we may have gone through both tubes last year. Yup - Doooooh - that does help a little. All 14 with nice fresh grease coming out opposite side.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Project for today was two small items added to our sink island. The first was to install a tilt out sponge drawer. Whenever possible we try to utilize reclaimed and recycled items. A neighbor had a water leak and was throwing away a water damaged sink vanity. The cabinet itself was trash, so that became fire wood. But the counter top with sink and faucets went to Habitat. We saved all the hardware, drawers, doors and the sponge drawer hardware. You'll see the drawers and doors later. The old drawer front for the sponge drawer was in really bad shape and I didn't want to deal with stripping off the old finish so we turned that into fire wood. We took a plank from an old pallet and ran it through the planer. Some beveled edges, wood filler and some sanding and a coat of color match stain and we had a new drawer front. The metal sponge tray and the tilt-out hinges were easy to install. The second item was to add this little trash can do the forward side of the sink island. It's only 6" deep so it fits completely under the counter overhang, so we don't have to worry about bumping it when we walk by. We had to make a piece to attach it to. I did a color match stain on that board it which I'm not happy with. So tomorrow I'm going to get a small 8oz sample jar of color match paint and just paint it to match. The stainless steel trash can was only $30 on Amazon. It is small so we'll need to empty it daily. But the big plus for us was that it wasn't taking up space in the cabinet under the sink. And with it attached to the cabinet it isn't sitting on the floor so we don't have to worry about storing it when we drive. It's always hanging there ready to be used. In our last trailer we just tied a plastic shopping bag to a cabinet handle and used that as our trash. So this is much nicer. It's got a plastic insert liner that comes out for cleaning just in case a bag breaks.

Name:	20230529_130553.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	46600 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230529_130458.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	46601

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Replaced awning arms and vinyl on my 377mbs

Page 58 of 81 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast