User Tag List

Page 9 of 81 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the eBike rack department…. There are only a few rated for heavy eBike use on the back of an RV. We chose the swagman RV / eBike rated rack because it clamps down on the middle of the bike. We had to get a swegman accessory bar to clamp on since they are step through eBikes. The other rv rated rack we looked at is the 1UP rack. Nice but not so good with fendered bikes as it clamps on the tires. Bought the led tail lights and 4 pin wiring from Amazon. Once covered, the bikes block much of the view of the trailer tail lights. The wires to slice into were easy to access under the rv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItchinToGo! View Post
    Installed 2 300ah lithium batteries, Victron 3000 Multiplus II inverter, and Victron 30 amp DC-DC charger. Next step is to install 1600 watts of solar, probably not this year though.

Attachment 40752
    Wow, another example of a good clean setup. Good job

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another part of the DIY LiFePO install was completed yesterday, and another issue found. So yesterday, I finally got the new converter/charger hooked up and operating. To get to the old C/C, I of course had to take down the wall in the pass through storage compartment to access it. So while I was already in there, I went ahead and changed out the water heater check valve that is made of plastic and replaced it with one that is made of brass. It's an easy job one you get in there, but getting to it for me involved removing my slide drawer in the baggage compartment before I could even begin taking the wall down.

After the check valve install was done, and leak tested, I then dove into taking the wiring loose from the old C/C and moving it to the new C/C's location and wiring it back up. Once complete, I check the new C/C and had it start charging the LFP battery, which was still at about 88% SOC. It really didn't need charging at that point, but I wanted to check the new one out to make sure it worked as I had planned. All went well with the charger itself, but I did discover that I have a .5 to .6 voltage drop from the charger to the battery when pulling about 40 amps from the charger and to the battery. So I stared checking it out, with voltage readings and the first voltage drop is at the factory battery switch....the cheap one that is on the wall in the baggage area. Almost .3 Volts drop across the incoming and outgoing terminal. Another voltage drop is the 6ga wire from the breaker panel 12VDC fuse bus, to the battery disconnect. So in summary, charger is putting out the exact voltage it is supposed to put out, even at supplying 40 amps of current to the battery. 14.2Volt out of it, but ending up with 13.6V at the battery for charging....not good enough for LFP battery.

So I've ordered a new battery switch to replace the OEM switch (one source of voltage drop) and I've also ordered enough 2ga welding cable in order to reroute the power from the charger to the battery, without having to first go through the 12VDC fuse panel. 2ga welding cable, plus a much shorter run from the charger to the battery will hopefully eliminate most of that almost .7V drop.....we shall see.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used the Wash Wax All and cleaned up the Solitude. We are in Eastern Washington now and headed east on Friday to 1 more campground before going into ID for the Memorial Day weekend.

KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first post To keep debris from rolling under kitchen slide (because according to Murphy, if you drop something…it WILL roll under the slide), I covered two pool noodles with cheap black out curtain panels from Walmart and placed them in front of slide. Problem solved!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A44E02B3-7761-45E0-898B-BBFE724D0D85.jpg   0408E5B6-A94C-46EC-9207-DA53ECC8F6FB.jpg  

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I built battery cables for my new LiFePO4 batteries after finally acquiring everything I needed!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2814.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	40826

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    Lucky you. We picked up a boatload of bugs when we went down to Livingston to join the Escapees club and set up our domicile. I spent all morning using Wash, Wax, All, scrubbing the dang things off the nose and doing the rest of the coach and truck. I'm gonna pay for this the next 3 days.

Well, that wicked rainfall did remove some but left the black spots... I sprayed the nose of the trailer and front of the truck with a 50/50 mix of rainx bug window cleaner and distilled water. It does help making washing those darn love bugs in fl (and other who hitch a ride) easier.. We have landed in MI and now get to wash the new hitchhikes off
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Over the weekend, cleaned and inspected roof. washed and put coat of hard wax on front cap, aired tires, lubed suspension, sanitized water system, treated slide seals, loaded up and headed to Smokey Mountains.
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Added two more cameras to the outside. 1 more camera and I'll have all 4 corners covered. Going to add camera behind wet bay next so I can see behind the wall, too.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220526-225029_Wyze.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	40842

Full-time Traveling Family ,'21 Momentum 395MS-R, '21 F450 King, 2000watts solar, Dual Victron MP-II 12/3000 2 x 120v, 1220ah LiFePo4
    Attachment 40843

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannon07 View Post
    Over the weekend, cleaned and inspected roof. washed and put coat of hard wax on front cap, aired tires, lubed suspension, sanitized water system, treated slide seals, loaded up and headed to Smokey Mountains.
    It's supposed to be a beautiful, but very warm weekend here....enjoy the Smoky Mountains.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Page 9 of 81 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast