User Tag List

Page 1 of 77 1231151 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What did you do to your Grand Design today?

I've seen this on other forums and and it usually gets a lot of activity so I thought I would try it here. Just a place to post what you did to your RV today, not in-depth discussions but a quick post and maybe a pic. It is a good place to get ideas and maybe a reminder of something you haven't done in a while. I figured it might get a lot of use with the camping season just beginning.

Here is my input to get things started.

Sanitized the water heater
    Installed a Boondocker 4 stage converter/charger
    Installed two new VMAX Tanks AGM Batteries
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Converter.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	40506
    Last edited by traveldawg; 09-30-2023 at 05:59 PM.
    2021 Reflection 340RDS
    2022 Ram 3500 Big Horn/CCSB//4X4/SRW/HEMI/4:10
    2019 Imagine 2250RK~Sold

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still have mine in storage but will bring it home soon. Recently I installed the battery. Put on my new Mopeka propane tank sensors and put in an RV Airflow kit. I'm excited to try it out. Looking forward to bringing it home to get it ready for the season. Considering different speakers and maybe a new television. You know the "must haves" of camping......
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch ISR Version
    Predator 3500W Inverter Generator
    2017 Ram 3500 Mega cab SRW w/6.4L Hemi, Ramboxes, Active Air Rear Suspension
    2017 Aluma 8214HS
    2015 Lund Crossover 1775 XS

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mkevinmarshsr View Post
    I've seen this on other forums and and it usually gets a lot of activity so I thought I would try it here. Just a place to post what you did to your RV today, not in-depth discussions but a quick post and maybe a pic. It is a good place to get ideas and maybe a reminder of something you haven't done in a while. I figured it might get a lot of use with the camping season just beginning.

Here is my input to get things started.

Sanitized the water heater
    Installed a Boondocker 4 stage converter/charger
    Installed two new VMAX Tanks AGM Batteries
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Converter.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	40506
    Haven't done anything directly TODAY, but we did get a new water pressure regulator today, and are waiting for a new circuit board for the water heater.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did a load test for actual amp hours on my newly built DIY LiFePo battery. When I bought the four cells to build it, they were advertised as 302AH cells. The load test today got me 304.7 amp hours.....and I didn't take it all the way down to the minimum voltage per cell. If I would have pushed it completely, I'm guessing I would have ended up at maybe 306 amp hours.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    I did a load test for actual amp hours on my newly built DIY LiFePo battery. When I bought the four cells to build it, they were advertised as 302AH cells. The load test today got me 304.7 amp hours.....and I didn't take it all the way down to the minimum voltage per cell. If I would have pushed it completely, I'm guessing I would have ended up at maybe 306 amp hours.
    i am considering installation of a LiFeP04 battery in a GD 2022 MLE XLS. Can I use the original converter or do I need one specifically for a LiFeP04 battery?

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TREVTRAVELER View Post
    i am considering installation of a LiFeP04 battery in a GD 2022 MLE XLS. Can I use the original converter or do I need one specifically for a LiFeP04 battery?
    With your trailer being a fairly new one, the existing converter/charger "may" be LFP capable. You would need to find out the brand and model number of it to see if it is, or not. If it is, then you would need to follow the manufacturer's specific instructions on how to set it up for LFP usage. If it's not LFP compatible, then you have a choice of using the existing converter/charger or buying a LFP compatible one. The big disadvantage of using the existing one (if it's not LFP compatible) is that yes, it will charge the battery, BUT...if will never fully charge the LFP battery. On average, a non LFP charger will get your battery to around 80% charged. And of course, one of the main advantages of having a LFP battery is the increased available Amp Hours (AH) because you can run them down to approx. 10% of the battery left if needed. But if it never fully charges, you are not taking full advantage of the battery capabilities.

So, check your existing charger/converter first, and find out if it is or is not LFP compatible. If it is, follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer and you're all set. If it's not, then you have a decision to make.....use the existing one and it never fully charges your new battery, or swap it out with an LFP compatible charger.

Do a search on the forum for LiFePO4 batteries and charging.....there has been a LOT of discussion about exactly what you are asking. Hope this helps
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TREVTRAVELER View Post
    It's exactly what I did yesterday in our 22mle. Drop a DIY Lifepo4 in a new battery case (cargo box) on the tongue in the original battery location. My converter is not lithium compatible. I plan on changing it later on. I know it won't get fully charged but I'll still have a lot more AH with this DIY 304ah then the dealer installed cheap group 24. If you have solar (which I don't yet) your solar might be able to top off your lfp if it's lithium capable.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    It's exactly what I did yesterday in our 22mle. Drop a DIY Lifepo4 in a new battery case (cargo box) on the tongue in the original battery location. My converter is not lithium compatible. I plan on changing it later on. I know it won't get fully charged but I'll still have a lot more AH with this DIY 304ah then the dealer installed cheap group 24. If you have solar (which I don't yet) your solar might be able to top off your lfp if it's lithium capable.
    Steph...this is like hearing myself talk. I am going to drop in a LiFe battery and then add a LiFe converter shortly. I am a little wary of this, as I had a LiFe battery that I put in last year and it went dead on me a few months ago. Luckily, the manufacturer was willing to replace it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I flooded my bathroom .....
    Day 5 of an 8 day trip....the black tank was showing full on the monitor so I thought I would look down the toilet to see if it really was full. I turned the water to the trailer off at the spigot, went into the trailer and turned on the sink faucet to relieve the water pressure. I didn't want a lot of water to go into the toilet. Looked down the toilet..yep it's full. Ok, called a honey wagon company to come drain the tanks.
    I went back out and turned the water back on. I went back in and was having breakfast when my wife says...what's that noise ?...What noise ?...Its a dripping sound.
    I turn my head towards the bathroom and water is dripping down the steps into the living area.....WHAT THE HECK (not the exact words I used ).
    I forgot to turn the faucet off in the sink ! It filled up the bathroom grey tank and the water was flowing over the shower pan into the bathroom and then down the stairs.
    OH HECK ( again not the exact words I used)..what do I do now? I remembered a tip I got on this forum about opening both grey tank valves to drain the fuller one into the other tank. That worked, the water drained out of the shower pan into the kitchen grey tank.
    We used all of our towels to mop up the water in the bathroom and what spilled down the stairs. I turned up the heater to finish drying out the bathroom.
    Now all the tanks are full. I was glad that the honey wagon would be there in a few hours.
    My bone head move of the year...so far.
    People keep telling me to follow my dreams...so I went back to bed

2019 303rls
    2017 GMC 2500hd ccsb 2wd 6.0 gas
    Andersen ultimate rail mount hitch

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drive over 400 miles from Amarillo to just south of Ft. Worth. Staying at The Texan RV park, on our way to Escapees in Livingston. Will be there tomorrow for 5 days.

Mark & Mary. Currently hailing from New Mexico and going full time in August 2022.
    Current coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Page 1 of 77 1231151 ... LastLast