User Tag List

Page 54 of 81 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loaded up some items for our upcoming trip.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Replace broken items

This started as a de-winterizing day. Went downhill pretty fast. Renator water pressure regulator gauge stuck on 0 and out of warranty. Flushing anti-freeze from lines, picked up the hand-held shower wand which came out of the holder. Unfortunately the hose stayed in the holder. Shut the diverter off after the pink shower and figured I'd tighten the leaking shower head. That was also a mistake - there is no way that shower head could NOT leak. Overhead hanging lamp replaced by dealer had one side of the plexiglass loose - tightened it at the expense of the bulb - drat. Bulb still works and super-glue fixed it. Installed a leak detector behind nautilus since there was evidence of pink anti-freeze drops under one connection. Installed a new anode and filter in the water system. Cleaned out the refrig and purged the ice maker. Ran the washing machine to get the anti-freeze out - canceling a cycle is not intuitive. Re-installed plumbing Y a la Second Chance design. Installed all new gaskets in hose and plumbing connections. Screwed in bottom drawer slides which had come loose.

On the plus side, continued testing Starlink and we are surrounded by tall trees. Better bandwidth than any cell service we've had with minimal service disruptions.

I also added re-enforcement to the front of the kitchen island. The entire island is elevated over a smaller built up frame and there appears to be cross bracing under the wall that would separate the dishwasher from under the sink and another piece of bracing under under the large pull out drawer on the sink side. Both ends of the island are held to the box frame ends with three screws, two through the heat vent from the outside and one inside above the duct. I'm sure the box frame was meant to hold the dishwasher, but I don't think I'd want to hop on island to test it out.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went to reinstall my LiFePo4 batteries. I removed them in the fall and installed AGMs as the rig would be at the dealer's for most of the winter and I didn't want to risk a mistake with the LiFePo4s. Made a bit of a sad discovery, a phoebe had built a nest in the place under the pin box where one coils the 7-way cable. Unfortunately, I had to remove the nest which had five light blue eggs in it.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Went to reinstall my LiFePo4 batteries. I removed them in the fall and installed AGMs as the rig would be at the dealer's for most of the winter and I didn't want to risk a mistake with the LiFePo4s. Made a bit of a sad discovery, a phoebe had built a nest in the place under the pin box where one coils the 7-way cable. Unfortunately, I had to remove the nest which had five light blue eggs in it.
    [emoji3525] You baby bird displacer, you... Unfortunately, that is life with nature.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yesterday I sealed the tray of the docking station with 2 coats of Flex Seal.
    Now; if a hose drips, it will be contained the water until it flows out the hose port.
    I have heard that others have had leaks and their floor area underneath got water damaged.

KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conner58 View Post
    Attachment 46298

Changed out bathroom faucet and sink .
    I did a mod close to that.

KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Went to reinstall my LiFePo4 batteries. I removed them in the fall and installed AGMs as the rig would be at the dealer's for most of the winter
    That was probably worth it just for piece of mind. I was sweating bullets with mine there over the winter. Kudos to the Service Tech who went out and turned my heaters on and off. This is first year we haven't had birds nesting in our garage on the springs of all places (can't leave the doors open during the day). Instead they found a nice porch light.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by avf100 View Post
    I flooded my bathroom .....
    Day 5 of an 8 day trip....the black tank was showing full on the monitor so I thought I would look down the toilet to see if it really was full. I turned the water to the trailer off at the spigot, went into the trailer and turned on the sink faucet to relieve the water pressure. I didn't want a lot of water to go into the toilet. Looked down the toilet..yep it's full. Ok, called a honey wagon company to come drain the tanks.
    I went back out and turned the water back on. I went back in and was having breakfast when my wife says...what's that noise ?...What noise ?...Its a dripping sound.
    I turn my head towards the bathroom and water is dripping down the steps into the living area.....WHAT THE HECK (not the exact words I used ).
    I forgot to turn the faucet off in the sink ! It filled up the bathroom grey tank and the water was flowing over the shower pan into the bathroom and then down the stairs.
    OH HECK ( again not the exact words I used)..what do I do now? I remembered a tip I got on this forum about opening both grey tank valves to drain the fuller one into the other tank. That worked, the water drained out of the shower pan into the kitchen grey tank.
    We used all of our towels to mop up the water in the bathroom and what spilled down the stairs. I turned up the heater to finish drying out the bathroom.
    Now all the tanks are full. I was glad that the honey wagon would be there in a few hours.
    My bone head move of the year...so far.
    Been there done that...kind of
    In our case it was the toilet valve that did not close. The old shop vac bit the dust so we bought the trailer a new 5 Gal shop vac about a month or so ago.
    Either way it happens cleaning up all that water is not fun
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    Cool! Are the steps a 'sub assy' just held by a few screws and come out in one piece? I will have to investigate
    The sub looked like left over pine 2x2 framing from elsewhere in the rig. They were screwed into the floor as well as into the 'wall'. And I use the term 'wall' loosely when referring to the 1/8" lauan plywood which makes up the interior 'walls'. Because the steps were screwed onto the sub-base we could not pull them out easily, but found that my lifting them up to where the 'walls' would give a little that we could press in on the wall and turn the base.

Also, these were open to the basement. So we used some 1/4" ply that we got off the cull rack at Home Depot and made a back for them. That way our shoes don't slide away!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put in this Battery Monitor Today https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0824X5MKM...t_details&th=1.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Page 54 of 81 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast