User Tag List

Page 36 of 81 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, finished the last bit of wash/wax on the trailer, the front cap... between power wash, dry, polish with Wash and Wax All, then hit the black with some shine... 2 hours

Oh yeah had to re-caulk both front indicator lights in the upper corners, factory caulking was terrible
    2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    2022 Imagine 2500RL

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i had to redo one of mine too. Didn't see it until I washed it.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, interesting day. Temps hit 40F so I thought I'd take the opportunity to put the heat blankets on the batteries. Raised to hitch height to have more working room and was really really sad when I looked at the door side tires - rear was completely flat and bead was broken. I didn't have enough air pressure to pop the bead so took it off and headed to my local tire shop. No charge and after filling up and soap testing zero leaks. Go figure. Put my TPMS sensors back on again.

On the flip side, I also soap tested the Goosebox after discovering that the manifold connection wasn't even finger tight. Lots of tiny bubbles. Still going to put the new manifold on and a TPMS sensor, but good for now. There is absolutely no way the dealer tech soap tested anything like they said. What a shock - NOT.

Supposed to hit 50 tomorrow - blankets tabled for a day.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by avf100 View Post
    I bought these 2" receivers from harbor freight and used ubolts to bolt them to the hitch. The tubing is 2" square by 1/4" thick. When I carry the motorcycle I use 3 tubes, 1 in the center and the 2 outside ones.
    Attachment 44185
    Attachment 44186
    I looked at welding onto the existing rack but decided that it wouldn't increase the racks capacity but would actually reduce it by the weight of the extra metal. When I get around to it I plan on sliding longer pieces of 1½" square tubing completely through the 2" square tubing that's welded to each frame rail. The 1½" tubing will be bolted to the frame itself in several places and extend past the frame and out the back of the RV. I can then slip 2"sq. tubing over the 1½" and pin it with hitch pins making it removable when not needed.

Here's a rough idea of what I'm thinking about....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20221229-195950_Chrome.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	44261
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What have I done to my Relfection as of late? Hummm..

Covered it for the season? Check.

Made a final payment? Check!

It was the most expensive thing I have done to date. Made a deal with the wife. I only want a mortgage payment, the usual monthly bills and 1 installment payment. The trailer was the installment since we got the vehicles paid off in 2020. Truck was in April. The wife's car was in October. We went down from 1200 a month in payments to 250. So I increased the 250 to 500 and have been paying that ever since. It knocked down the balance pretty quickly over the last 2 years. This month I was looking at getting a commuter vehicle for me to take the miles off the truck as I have been driving that pretty much for the last 4 years to work and so forth. I made a deal. I will trade the trailer loan for a vehicle loan in which the APR would be lowee than the trailer. Scheduled the final payment for December 15th. Got the overpayment check today. The title should be here shortly. It took us 4.5 years to pay off the trailer. Not bad considering when we bought it, we had a truck payment and a car payment.
    2016 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT CCSB 4x4 6.2 gasser 3.73 E locker
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 285BHS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    I looked at welding onto the existing rack but decided that it wouldn't increase the racks capacity but would actually reduce it by the weight of the extra metal. When I get around to it I plan on sliding longer pieces of 1½" square tubing completely through the 2" square tubing that's welded to each frame rail. The 1½" tubing will be bolted to the frame itself in several places and extend past the frame and out the back of the RV. I can then slip 2"sq. tubing over the 1½" and pin it with hitch pins making it removable when not needed.

Here's a rough idea of what I'm thinking about....

Name:	Screenshot_20221229-195950_Chrome.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	44261
    That should be good plan. What are you going to carry ?
    People keep telling me to follow my dreams...so I went back to bed

2019 303rls
    2017 GMC 2500hd ccsb 2wd 6.0 gas
    Andersen ultimate rail mount hitch

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Installed battery heater elements. Unfortunately, close to 50F so I can't test them out yet.

Replaced another leaking TireLinc sensor - that makes two now. Leaks between the brass schrader and the plastic not the o-ring.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Installed dirt prevention caps on all my suspension zerk fittings.

Learned that Curt makes axles, I have Curt 7k axles, I thought they would have been Dexter.

Dropped some of the underbelly to have a look. In my initial stages of installing a dryer vent through the floor of the garage, needed to make sure there isn't a tank in that location, I think I'm clear. I'll know for sure once I have all parts in hand and am ready to take more of the underbelly down. Also learned GD doesn't put reflectix directly on the coroplast anymore, compares to my 2017 399.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an Imagine 2970- The bathroom sink is like a dentist spitoon with the medicine cabinet orientation it was very difficult to use. I fabricated a new countertop and finished it with stonecoat epoxy. Which was a great trial- next will be the kitchen counters.

Name:	IMG_8879.jpeg 
Views:	70 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	44464
    Ex-Nihilo
    2022 2970RL (Fabricated 1/4 Inch Bumper w/ RV Generator Boxes)
    1200AH Lithium, 1000w Solar w/ Victron Multi-Plus II
    5.5K Axles- EOH Disc Brakes- Hensley Arrow
    Road Master Slipper Springs
    2021 RAM Longhorn 2500 Cummins 6.7
    Chattanooga TN

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Installed dirt prevention caps on all my suspension zerk fittings.

Learned that Curt makes axles, I have Curt 7k axles, I thought they would have been Dexter.

Dropped some of the underbelly to have a look. In my initial stages of installing a dryer vent through the floor of the garage, needed to make sure there isn't a tank in that location, I think I'm clear. I'll know for sure once I have all parts in hand and am ready to take more of the underbelly down. Also learned GD doesn't put reflectix directly on the coroplast anymore, compares to my 2017 399.
    I helped with the idea of going down for the dryer vent for someone on the forum years ago.

I heard the project went smoothly, but can't remember who it was.

I was a technician for 32 years fixing and installing coin washers and dryers in apartment and college laundry rooms. Just remember to measure, measure and measure. Drill a center pilot hole to make sure.

Later, KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Page 36 of 81 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast