Johnww. First of all, I am also a retired CPA (Primarily corporate financial management) and from Houston (Clear Lake Area), now living in our Solitude 344GK-R since Dec in Green Caye RV Park, Dickinson, Tx. This is our 2nd Solitude, the first being 377mbs. We also have always pulled with F250 6.7. Now for your queston, my wife is from Ft. Smith, AR and had family in that area. She and I have made your proposed trip many times. Often we would go the Arkansas side (very winding road) or go on the Oklahoma side. By the way, there is a very nice park at Beavers Bend Stte park east of Broken Bow Oklahoma. My family used to hold reunions there. The river has since been dammed the river and a very nice lake has been created in the Ozarks. Back to the question, a couple years back we were coming from Ft. Smith to Houston. Took the route through Little Rock (never saw Little Rock) and it was outstanding. Wide open interstate and bridges had been built from mountain top to mountain top that were hundreds of feet high. Sometimes you could look down and see the small towns and highways winding through the mountains. Pulling a 5th wheel, it was outstanding. It all goes back to what kind of trip you are looking for and what your timetable is. We were on a destination schedule so I enjoyed the ease of the interstate.
I have to confess, I have a new F350 scheduled to arrive in 3 weeks. This will be our 4th Super Duty in 8 years. My dealership keeps offering me super deals on my trucks. We have not retired wealthy, but circumstances (and God) has blessed us. I haven't weighed my trailer since we moved aboard, so I thought I would transition to the F350.