User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    another reason i went with pvc pipe is how unobtrusive it looks under the trailer . Doesn't pull your eyes to it. And , the lock is very secure as the caps are thick aluminum
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails endcap2  .jpg   endcap3  .jpg  
    Last edited by ForBruce; 05-20-2022 at 02:03 PM.
    2022 Solitude 378mbs-r with 3rd air and solar package, Flux Capacitor pending, Removed Nautilus and replaced with the Bruce Select-A-Matic

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ForBruce View Post
    ok here is the down low (poetic huh ? )
    there are 2 good designs for storage under the trailer . I use a 6" pvc pipe that allows me to also include the EXTRA top shelf for the ladder. You don't have to remove it cause it will also fold with the ladder and fit nicely into the 6" pvc.

the other design, which will cost you less to make, used a 5" pvc fence post, but i believe will not store the top shelf also. (unless removed from the ladder)

I find the top shelf necessary because it give extra stability to top area not folding and also provides a knee rest if you go up that high.

I also chose the pipe because the end caps are commercial and provide excellent locking , especially when you spend so much for the ladder. If you look at my trailer the end cap appears to be just a part of the trailer and nothing to call your attention to it.

these are my opinions
    I got my ladder and optional acessory top shelf a couple of weeks ago. I had to have Lowes ship a 5x5 post in from alabama... Nobody carries it in Phoenix. It arrived today, and the ladder WITH THE SHELF ATTACHED fits inside of it nicely... I will be mounting it using the angle aluminum to the leveling jacks method. I have to paint the post as it is white, but I was able to get black end caps. Should have her done this weekend if the weather cooperates.
    The end caps will have a couple of hasps with padlocks,,, It won't be Fort Knox, but nothing on an RV is. Not too concerned about it walking off, as at less than 200.00 it is cheap.
    Last edited by huntindog; 07-27-2022 at 06:35 PM.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to this post l, and @ForBruce (I ran across it back when you first posted it), I did buy the caps and the 6" schedule 40 tube. I did the install about 6 weeks ago, didn't paint it, I'm thinking I probably should have but oh well.

It's mounted up and hellos the ladder nicely. Thanks for the links and the post!
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    I don't think there is much chance of that. Right where you have your yellow arrow, that fence post and ladder inside are sitting on a piece of 1/4" thick...1 1/2" by 1 1/2" aluminum angle. The aluminum angle is bolted to the front landing gear hydraulic cylinder ears....which of course is bolted to the frame of the RV. The strapping is only holding the fence post down...on top of the aluminum angle. I'll post up another pic that shows it a little better....The nice thing about mounting them the way I did, I didn't have to drill any holes in the trailer frame or the landing gear housing.....there are already extra holes there...
    Can I ask two questions. Where did you source the 1/4" thick angle iron? How did you attach the rear end cap - screws into the vinyl post?
    Thank you,
    John
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Can I ask two questions. Where did you source the 1/4" thick angle iron? How did you attach the rear end cap - screws into the vinyl post?
    Thank you,
    John
    I didn't use angle "iron".....I used 1/4" thick by 1 1/s" by 1 1/2" ALUMINUM angle.....never rust and it's lighter in weight. As far as the end caps on the rear, I used pop rivets.....one on each side of the cap.

1/4" Aluminum angle might be hard to find locally, like at a Lowes or Home Depot, but they may be able to order it in. In my case, there is a metals dealer in Knoxville, TN that can get it.....or you can search online for metals dealers and order it and have it shipped to your house. Most of those places will even cut the pieces for your before they ship it, if you want it precut. Aluminum angle is pretty easy to cut with a hacksaw though, so you could always do that too.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These ladders look like a possible future buy...probably store it in the pass thru though.
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandesigner View Post
    These ladders look like a possible future buy...probably store it in the pass thru though.
    I highly recommend one!
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recommend also.
    2021 Reflection 31MB
    2022 Cougar Half Ton 29RLI
    2023 RAM Laramie 2500 Crew Cab CTD 4X4
    Demco Slider Hitch, MorRyde Pin Box

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My second order came last week - first never showed up. Used it already after whacking a tree branch around the block bringing RV home from dealer service. I saw a good sized branch drop in the right mirror. Took a look and at first I thought I cracked the Wineguard antenna - turned out it was a string of white sealant - have no idea where that came from. After using it, I ordered the accessory platform.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't think I needed any new stuff but, I need this to replace my telescoping ladder that I have hung off my ladder. It will no longer collapse on the lower part because I think having it out in the weather messed it up. Walmart has the 7" version and my brother works for Walmart so he gets a 10% discount and free shipping. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Gp-Logist...1?athbdg=L1700
    2020 Imagine 2450RL born 7/2019 Anderson hitch
    2007 Tundra 5.7 with tow package and RAS
    Both retired - still have our S&B
    US Army vet (Air Cav baby!) Gulf war combat veteran

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast