User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grand Design 2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE Roku TV and Entertainment Furrion

Here we are. Our first maiden voyage. We picked up the new RV last week. Loaded it and here we are for a week away in Michigan. We are from Ontario. We have RVed for over 14 years and then took a 3 year break. Covid made us realize that we miss it. We wanted to do it differently. We were parked in the same resort lot for 7 years in large large RVs. Now we are in a 26 foot and on our first night of course we can't get the Furion Entertainment System up - our Roku TV is a pain - can't seem to get it going either.We thought we could get the Blue Jay game tonight and dang we can't get it going. When we went through the walk through the entertainment piece was skipped over. Should we have a different TV? Should we be splurging on a better antennae? Should we be registering with Roku an paying? Help.....thanks!!

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi and welcome! If the games are part of an add on you likely have to pay to play
    The antenna doesn't make much difference. Where in MI are you? . Even in this day of advance technology there are parts of Northern MI gets horrible signals for both TV and cell service.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulaandPhil View Post
    our Roku TV is a pain - can't seem to get it going either.We thought we could get the Blue Jay game tonight and dang we can't get it going. When we went through the walk through the entertainment piece was skipped over. Should we have a different TV? Should we be splurging on a better antennae? Should we be registering with Roku an paying? Help.....thanks!!
    First, are you trying to get "over the air" (OTA) broadcast TV?

Second, Roku TV needs an internet connection to work, aka stream content.

OTA channels need to be scanned by the TV before they will play. You do not require an internet connection to watch but as WB stated above, you need a good signal. Did you try scanning for channels in the area?
    Robert and Chris
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2024 2500HD Silverado 6.6L gas
    Blue Ox Sway Pro

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basic Roku streaming access comes free with the TV. You only pay for paid services you want, but you don’t have to pay for the extras to watch basic Roku content. But to access Roku content you must have good WiFi. That said, the Roku setup takes some getting used to. Each time you move to a new location you will have to start with a factory reset in the Advanced Settings menu selection. It’s a pain, but we’ve learned to like Roku and appreciate its streaming capabilities.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since this isn't your first RV I assume you know to turn on the antenna booster before scanning for OTA channels?
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    Since this isn't your first RV I assume you know to turn on the antenna booster before scanning for OTA channels?
    I don't know how to do that. Would you please elaborate. Thanks

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the MLE, pull the TV out from the recess. Look where the cable is plugged into the top of the recess. There is a switch which will illuminate a red LED for the OTA antenna. Good luck.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amongst all the technical stuff you have to remember ... MLB is seriously annoying about access to streaming their content. Here in our sticks and bricks house we have cable internet and stream all TV content using various apps. We tend to watch our Reds on Youtube TV, I think. A couple of years ago I bought into the MLB app as an easy way to watch live games only to find out that I'm "too close" geographically and the games are blacked out (even on the app that I had just agreed to pay $25/MONTH for!!! ) Yeah, yeah ... I could VPN but ... it's the Reds and we're evidently rebuilding ... again.

In our trailer (that we've had for a month) we have a Chromecast (acts like your Roku) and we use our phones to hot spot for wifi. It's not fully set up with all our apps yet, but Youtube worked just fine.

Good luck!
    -Pam
    2019 GD Imagine 2600RB bought in 2022.
    towed by a 2019 Nissan NV 3500 Passenger van
    prior trailer: 2017 Coleman CTS16FB towed by a 2012 Kia Sedona, then the 2019 NV.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am in Georgia and we just purchased an xls 21bhe. It has the Roku tv as well. during our walkthru we were shown where you have to push the little button to power the antenna and then have to scan for channels. The most annoying thing I found was getting rid of the "demo" popup menu. After some googling figured out that it is deep in the settings. We are going for a quick maiden voyage this weekend down to south GA to see some friends. Hopefully all goes well. Now if I can just get the tv to play through the furion system I will be all set.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just G View Post
    Now if I can just get the tv to play through the furion system I will be all set.
    We have a 2021 22RBE, and to get the sound from the television to play through the stereo we have to hit the ARC (maybe it's labeled ARC/AUX, can't remember for sure) button on the stereo remote. It takes 3-5 seconds to take affect. Don't have to change anything on the television, and if we then turn off the stereo the sound reverts to the television's speakers.
    Hope this helps.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    2021 Ram 2500 Hemi, Crew Cab Short Bed
    2-206 AH SOK Batteries, Victron MultiPlus 3000VA Inverter, 800 watts solar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast