User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New GD Reflection 280RS Owners!

Hello everyone. Super excited to move on to our next chapter in RV life.

We are in Washington state and have been active campers for over 20 years. Started off with a 1978 class C that was operational but a project. We traveled all over the western side of the state mainly for softball tournaments. It was fun, scary and exhausting all at the same time! We ended up living in it for a short time while our house was finished being built. Our house went way over schedule and we ended up having our 2nd son while still living in her through the winter. Uhg...OMG. To add to the bad situation, we had no dump station. I was dumping the tanks into a 5 gallon bucket daily and depositing them in the sani-can the contractors were using. We will never forget our start in the RV world.

Things got better! They had to. We sold the old girl for next to nothing and upgraded to a truck top camper. I can remember driving all the way to Michigan for a trip. On the way home I was driving very late at night when I had a emergency rest stop required. With no rest stop for miles, I decided to pull off and use the camper at the top of an exit. It was very dark and very remote. Everyone else was fast asleep. I was in such a hurry (I did mention it was an emergency) I must not have put the truck fully in park. As I sat with my pants at my ankles, I felt the truck slowly start to inch backwards down the exit ramp. In a panic I yelled to my wife "Put it in park". We still tell that story and laugh so hard.

We enjoyed this new type of camping but we out grew it very fast. We should have known having two young growing boys. We traded it in and got a nice new class C. We weren't rich by any means so we went for a 25ft model. We enjoyed this for a number of years and traveled with our boys for sports trips and camping. It had one slide but it was still too small. We once again outgrew our camper. Fortunately I have no funny stories for this one LOL.

Our next adventure had us trading once again and we upgraded to an Open Range bunkhouse TT. This unit had much more space and was way more comfortable for our family. By now, both of our boys were playing club baseball and we were traveling every weekend from April to September. This camper had tons of space and literally could sleep an entire team! We did this for 4 or 5 years until our oldest went off to college and our younger boy decided to focus on running.....no more baseball tournaments.

We sold our camper last summer and have been on the hunt ever since. We have been to all the dealers and winter RV shows. We had a few we liked but no matter what we saw, we always came back to the GD. It just worked out finally. We just popped in to our local dealer to look at a model we thought we liked and they said if they could make us a deal we couldn't refuse, would we take it? I said let's see the deal. Once they lowered the price 10k and threw in the 8 year warranty, it was a done deal.

I've been lurking hre in the forum for the last week trying to get some information. I was amazed with how well this place is laid out and the wealth of knowledge available. I look forward to new relationships and sharing more funny stories hopefully! I know this was long winded but I hope it made you chuckle. Thanks in advance for all the help I will be requesting.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome Gman!

There are many here hat have had several different campers over their lives.

We had a bunk house model travel trailer for many years. We took a lot of kids a lot of places. Our kids are all grown and on their own now so it’s just the two of us. It’s really great but it’s different. I miss having the kids with us.

Enjoy your travels!

Mark
    Mark & Megan & Levi (our floppy eared four legged furry friend)
    2019 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Duramax
    B & W Companion

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy the new coach.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum. We recently purchased the same unit. Love the floor plan. Works well here in the PNW. Enjoy and have fun!
    Ron & Diane Stoner
    2022 280RS Reflection 5th wheel
    2022 Ram 2500

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have quite the rich story. It is awesome!

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new rig! Looking forward to hearing some of your continued adventures!

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS