Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Fan-tastic Vent

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Fan-tastic Vent

Sorry if this is the wrong section, I wasn't sure if here or 'Electronics' was the right place.

My TT has two Fan-tastic Vents, the living area and the bedroom. Model 7350 with auto climate control, remote control, etc. The living room one works fine but the bedroom one has issues.

It's not been raining however sometimes when I turn it on the lid will try to open just a little, then give up and close again with a red LED flashing. We can leave it on for hours and then find that at some point it turned itself off, closed it's lid and at that point refuse to open again. This is in manual mode with the fan speed set to a specific percentage.

When it was in one of these moods I tried disabling the rain sensor on the remote. That allowed it to open but after a few minutes it turned itself off again.

If I wait a until the next day then it will open and turn on fine.

Turning it on causes the 12V lights in the bedroom to dim, although perhaps that is normal.

No mention of the meaning of a flashing LED in the manual that we have.

It seems the rain sensor is the main cause of problems with these units but wouldn't disabling the rain sensor then stop the problems? It didn't for me.

Thanks!
    2018 Imagine 2500RL
    2016 Ford Expedition Max Tow

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might try calling Dometic and possibly get some advice from them. I called them on a warranty issue and they came through with a replacement part. I would think your vent is part is probably out of warranty but they might be able to help you. Sorry, I don't have a phone number but it's on their website.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Groover View Post
    Sorry if this is the wrong section, I wasn't sure if here or 'Electronics' was the right place.

My TT has two Fan-tastic Vents, the living area and the bedroom. Model 7350 with auto climate control, remote control, etc. The living room one works fine but the bedroom one has issues.

It's not been raining however sometimes when I turn it on the lid will try to open just a little, then give up and close again with a red LED flashing. We can leave it on for hours and then find that at some point it turned itself off, closed it's lid and at that point refuse to open again. This is in manual mode with the fan speed set to a specific percentage.

When it was in one of these moods I tried disabling the rain sensor on the remote. That allowed it to open but after a few minutes it turned itself off again.

If I wait a until the next day then it will open and turn on fine.

Turning it on causes the 12V lights in the bedroom to dim, although perhaps that is normal.

No mention of the meaning of a flashing LED in the manual that we have.

It seems the rain sensor is the main cause of problems with these units but wouldn't disabling the rain sensor then stop the problems? It didn't for me.

Thanks!
    I had the exact same problem with one in the bathroom on a previous trailer. Put fresh batteries in the remote control and see if that helps.
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R
    Andersen Ultimate TBX Morryde HD skid plate
    2016 Chevrolet 2500 SB Duramax