User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just purchased our trailer a few months ago and are having this same problem. Grand design sent us the replacement parts and we installed the new control board and thermostat today. However, it still works the same as the old one. The room temp is still being sent from inside the air conditioner. The thermostat appears to have a temp sensor on the bottom. Is there a switch to tell it to read the temperature from the thermostat vs the room sensor inside the ac?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin View Post
    We just purchased our trailer a few months ago and are having this same problem. Grand design sent us the replacement parts and we installed the new control board and thermostat today. However, it still works the same as the old one. The room temp is still being sent from inside the air conditioner. The thermostat appears to have a temp sensor on the bottom. Is there a switch to tell it to read the temperature from the thermostat vs the room sensor inside the ac?
    Hey @Dolphin, it looks like this is your first post, welcome to the forum.

Just curious, how does one know where one's sensor is? I don't use my AC very often, I'd like to check it out before I have a problem. Could you post a picture of your sensor?
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin View Post
    There is no switches that I saw when I did my install. Mine now reads the temp from the thermostat, like it should. I don't know why there is also a room sensor in the control box. It appears that you need to call Grand Design.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Hey @Dolphin, it looks like this is your first post, welcome to the forum.

Just curious, how does one know where one's sensor is? I don't use my AC very often, I'd like to check it out before I have a problem. Could you post a picture of your sensor?
    The room sensor is a short black probe inside our ac. We just had to remove our filter and it was right there. It is labeled room sensor.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grand Design I guess felt able to send me the new thermostat and module after first saying “too bad we don’t care”
    So I open it up today and although the module has a different part number it has the same wiring and STILL has a room sensor probe on the module???
    This makes zero sense and doesn’t make me feel all warm and fuzzy that GD and Furrion still have a clue

Will wait for the next fix
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Grand Design I guess felt able to send me the new thermostat and module after first saying “too bad we don’t care”
    So I open it up today and although the module has a different part number it has the same wiring and STILL has a room sensor probe on the module???
    This makes zero sense and doesn’t make me feel all warm and fuzzy that GD and Furrion still have a clue

Will wait for the next fix
    If you are referring to the control box, then yes, my new one also has a "room sensor" on it. I can tell you that my thermostat now reads the true room temperature. I'm not sure why there is still a room sensor on the control box. It is currently 100 where I am now (with no shade), and it's a cool, comfortable 74 degrees inside.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    Husky Centerline WDH

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furrion ehanced tstat

Quote Originally Posted by AZMike View Post
    If you are referring to the control box, then yes, my new one also has a "room sensor" on it. I can tell you that my thermostat now reads the true room temperature. I'm not sure why there is still a room sensor on the control box. It is currently 100 where I am now (with no shade), and it's a cool, comfortable 74 degrees inside.
    How did you determine where it is reading from?

You have to agree that it makes no sense it is there and shouldn’t be

On edit: I am not impressed either that the thermostat doesn’t hook up to the connector from the roof unit
    Last edited by NB Canada; 07-09-2022 at 04:22 PM.
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How did you determine where it is reading from?

You have to agree that it makes no sense it is there and shouldn’t be

On edit: I am not impressed either that the thermostat doesn’t hook up to the connector from the roof unit
    If you touch the sensor on the thermostat with warm fingers you will see the temp reading rise.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    Husky Centerline WDH

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMike View Post
    If you touch the sensor on the thermostat with warm fingers you will see the temp reading rise.
    Did you do the same to the one on the control box?

Maybe the one in the roof is for the furnace???

Which would be a fail if it is
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you do the same to the one on the control box?

Maybe the one in the roof is for the furnace???

Which would be a fail if it is
    No, I did not. I guess it's possibly for the furnace. I don't really use my furnace, I use a small 1500W ceramic heater for chilly mornings. We do not cold weather camp. Since I am satisfied with my A/C now, I did not research the room sensor issue any further.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    Husky Centerline WDH

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast