User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    Yes. In the A automatic fan setting the AC units shut completely off when temp is reached. If the fan is set to either the L low or H high setting the fan will run constantly. I only use these settings if it is very hot outside just to keep the air blended throughout the rig.
    Thanks. Have to try that setting out
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Thanks. Have to try that setting out
    If you camp where there is humidity, I suspect you'll have freezing issues with this approach. I camp in AZ where it's not humid, and using "A" for fan speed would cause freeze-ups when the unit would shut off. If you do try it, let us know how it goes. I did remove and reinstall my freeze sensor since then, but I always leave my fan running when I use the AC now too so I'm not 100% sure if it was auto that was causing the freeze.
    Matt, Irene, and Ruby (our Golden Retriever)
    2022 Imagine 2600RB with ProPride 3P
    2024 Silverado 2500 LTZ Gasser (3500 payload)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I called GD Cust. Service last week and asked for the Enhanced Thermostat/Controller option. No questions asked, received them today. Luckily we still have the trailer in the driveway as we just got back from a couple weeks on the road (and listing to the AC short cycle all night long). I was just about to order the sensor relocation kit when I came across this thread. Glad I waited. I might try the install tomorrow but its in the 90's here in SC.

Any tips from others who have already installed these? No instructions included, just parts. Looks pretty straight forward and all the wires are labeled clearly. I'm also thinking about mounting the thermostat on the other side of the wall in our 2500RL. Seems like a better central location.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillinSC View Post
    I called GD Cust. Service last week and asked for the Enhanced Thermostat/Controller option. No questions asked, received them today. Luckily we still have the trailer in the driveway as we just got back from a couple weeks on the road (and listing to the AC short cycle all night long). I was just about to order the sensor relocation kit when I came across this thread. Glad I waited. I might try the install tomorrow but its in the 90's here in SC.

Any tips from others who have already installed these? No instructions included, just parts. Looks pretty straight forward and all the wires are labeled clearly. I'm also thinking about mounting the thermostat on the other side of the wall in our 2500RL. Seems like a better central location.
    Good luck. Some have claimed it fixed the short cycling but since there is nothing different (ac still reads temp from the same location in plenum) I can’t see how
    Imo GD and Furrion don’t have a clue
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, just finished installing and testing the new "Enhanced" Furrion AC controller and thermostat.

Install was straight forward just swapping wiring from old to new on both. No issues starting up.

Observations:

- No more short cycling when running the AC
    - The AC is still getting its temp reading from the probe on the controller inside the plenum (I did not stick it through the intake air filter).
    - The reaction time of this temp probe/controller seems to be less sensitive so it doesn't immediately react to the cold air coming in when ac is running causing the short cycling.
    - Once the set temperature is reached the compressor kicks off until the temp raises about 2-3 degress above the set point and then kicks on again.
    - The temperature probe on the new thermostat is for the furnace only and works well (didn't test it too much cuz its in the 90s here already .
    - Im not sure if the old thermostat had this feature but the new one allows you to run the furnace with or without the ac fan running (good for boon docking).
    - The temp probe on the thermostat is definitely controlling the furnace, not the probe in the plenum. Better arrangement when boon docking and not running ac fan.
    - I relocated the thermostat to the other side of the wall in our 2500RL so now it is accessible from the bathroom without disturbing someone who may be sleeping in the bedroom.

Overall happy with the install and outcome. I wasn't looking forward to fishing the temperature probe extension through the ceiling so Im glad I waited and went this route.

Thanks GD for the great support with this.

Bill
    Bill and Nancy from SC
    2021 Imagine 2500RL
    2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2021 2800BH with dual AC/2 thermostats. We have the updated wall tst but the sensor is still in the plenum. If the living room unit is on at 70, the tst in the bedroom reads 65(off). We struggle to get a consistent temp throughout. We tried pulling the sensor through the filter. Has furrion or GD come out with a sensor that is located at the tst for the AC yet? Does it still void the warranty?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have the updated tstat with the sensor in it you will still have a sensor in the plenum. The one in the plenum is for cooling and the one on the tstat is for heating. We only have one AC unit in our 2500RL and that's how it works now since installing the upgraded controller and tstat. With two AC units I assume they still operate independently of each other. Are both units hooked to the same ducting or do they have separate ducting? If they are connected to the same ducting it could be possible that the unit that is off is seeing the cold air from the one that's running (through the ducting)? Again, we only have one AC so Im not sure how the dual AC is set up. What happens when you run both units at the same temp?
    Bill and Nancy from SC
    2021 Imagine 2500RL
    2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They share the same ductwork so if both AC’s are on, the main unit tst reads in the 50’s when it’s not really in the 50’s so it doesn’t come on because it thinks it’s really cold. We can’t run both at the same time. It’s a crazy set up. We go back to the dealer tomorrow for some warranty work so hopefully they will have a solution.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: the AC/Furnace still doesn’t work correctly. We haven’t needed heat until this week since they replaced the thermostats. Now the furnace won’t come on so I’m back to troubleshooting why this is happening. The main tst doesn’t make any noise at all on heat setting and the bedroom tst turns on the AC fan when we select heat mode. But there’s no warm air, just air blowing out of ac ducts.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonotraveler View Post
    Update: the AC/Furnace still doesn’t work correctly. We haven’t needed heat until this week since they replaced the thermostats. Now the furnace won’t come on so I’m back to troubleshooting why this is happening. The main tst doesn’t make any noise at all on heat setting and the bedroom tst turns on the AC fan when we select heat mode. But there’s no warm air, just air blowing out of ac ducts.
    you need to determine which tstat controls the furnace. Probably main unit. check wiring in unit and tstat.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast