User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furrion ehanced tstat

Has anyone installed one of the new thermostats with the sensor in the thermostat?
    My neighbor called Grand Design to order the extension kit for the sensor and received the new tstat. there were no instructions with it. when he installed it he got an E3 error code.
    I was thinking it may have something to do with the original sensor still being in the unit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grandaddy View Post
    Has anyone installed one of the new thermostats with the sensor in the thermostat?
    My neighbor called Grand Design to order the extension kit for the sensor and received the new tstat. there were no instructions with it. when he installed it he got an E3 error code.
    I was thinking it may have something to do with the original sensor still being in the unit.
    PLEASE TELL ME MORE ABOUT THIS NEW TSTAT
    I'll start by saying, I'm a/c refrigeration tech with 35 years in experience. The issue is that the tstat is reading temp from a remote sensor is in the return above the filter. It does not read the temp at the tstat. And that is a problem. Most tstat allow you to go into setup and choose to use remote sensor or sensor on tstat. I've seen the true temp at the tstat and the temp in return sensor as much as 10. deg off. I just purchased the FACR15SA-PS-AM with the FACW12PA-BL TSTAT. I'm ac guy and I can fix any issue. But I do regret my purchase. I would have went in another direction If I had know about this issue. I'm a 73 deg person. I'll I want, is to walk up to my tstat and set it to 73. And for the price I paid for this unit I should not have to set my tstat 60 deg to hopeful get it to 75 deg. And that is only if the freeze senor doesn't cut it off at 76 deg room temp

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raycox4385 View Post
    PLEASE TELL ME MORE ABOUT THIS NEW TSTAT
    I'll start by saying, I'm a/c refrigeration tech with 35 years in experience. The issue is that the tstat is reading temp from a remote sensor is in the return above the filter. It does not read the temp at the tstat. And that is a problem. Most tstat allow you to go into setup and choose to use remote sensor or sensor on tstat. I've seen the true temp at the tstat and the temp in return sensor as much as 10. deg off. I just purchased the FACR15SA-PS-AM with the FACW12PA-BL TSTAT. I'm ac guy and I can fix any issue. But I do regret my purchase. I would have went in another direction If I had know about this issue. I'm a 73 deg person. I'll I want, is to walk up to my tstat and set it to 73. And for the price I paid for this unit I should not have to set my tstat 60 deg to hopeful get it to 75 deg. And that is only if the freeze senor doesn't cut it off at 76 deg room temp
    Until we hear more about the enhanced Tstat... https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...ts-free-method
    Matt, Irene, and Ruby (our Golden Retriever)
    2022 Imagine 2600RB with ProPride 3P
    2024 Silverado 2500 LTZ Gasser (3500 payload)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my neighbor called grand design, they informed him you have to change the control board in the unit. they are on backorder and will send them to him when available.
    I did the sensor relocation using the spare tstat wires. there is a thread on that, it works great.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got off the phone with Grand Design Customer Service.

They are sending 2 new parts:

710402 - Zone Controller
    710403 - Thermostat

The Customer Service Rep said that those are the new Furrion Part numbers to address the temperature issues with the A/C, and are not supposed to void the Furrion warranty like the Temp Sensor Relocation Kits were.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried to find information on those two parts @SDAXTwo provided but came up empty. Are these the advanced tstat parts?
    My TT is less than a yr old and wondering if GD is providing these to anyone who asks and is under full warranty.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JandJ_travels View Post
    I tried to find information on those two parts @SDAXTwo provided but came up empty. Are these the advanced tstat parts?
    My TT is less than a yr old and wondering if GD is providing these to anyone who asks and is under full warranty.
    Yes, apparently they will send them to you if you call Cust Svc and ask them to. I called, gave them the two part numbers, and they told me that these two parts are referred to as the new "temperature sensor relocation kit". I wanted to be sure that I would receive these two parts, and not the Castle Winch cable. I have not received them yet, as they are on back order.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for confirming. I’ll have to look into that when we get back from our trip this coming week.
    I did poke the sensor thru the filter as was recommended by others and found it made a good difference for the AC today, here at home. Will see how that works on the trip.
    Jim & June
    2022 Transcend Xplor 200MK
    2021 Colorado Z71

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMike View Post
    Yes, apparently they will send them to you if you call Cust Svc and ask them to. I called, gave them the two part numbers, and they told me that these two parts are referred to as the new "temperature sensor relocation kit". I wanted to be sure that I would receive these two parts, and not the Castle Winch cable. I have not received them yet, as they are on back order.
    I have a 2021 and they had sent me the castle winch “aftermarket” solution at the time which rumour has said that Furrion does not support so I didn’t install it yet and we do not currently camp in high heat areas

So I called GD about this more up to date Furrion supported fix and they basically said too bad
    Since they had already sent the aftermarket part they have wiped their hands of my issue

Well I will tell you this does not sit well with me and I will no longer promote or support this useless company

I have never been treated like this at Jayco

Grand Design is heading down a road of the worst RV company

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    I have a 2021 and they had sent me the castle winch “aftermarket” solution at the time which rumour has said that Furrion does not support so I didn’t install it yet and we do not currently camp in high heat areas

So I called GD about this more up to date Furrion supported fix and they basically said too bad
    Since they had already sent the aftermarket part they have wiped their hands of my issue

Well I will tell you this does not sit well with me and I will no longer promote or support this useless company

I have never been treated like this at Jayco

Grand Design is heading down a road of the worst RV company

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    They sent me the Castle Winch solution a couple of months ago (which I did not install). I requested the new parts about a month ago, received them yesterday and installed them today. The A/C now works like it's supposed to! We are camping in the 90's, and the temp inside is much more consistent then before and it does not 'short cycle' anymore. They did not give me a hard time when I requested the parts, but I did give them the two part numbers when I called. Also, I mounted the new thermostat on the opposite side of the wall, facing into the living area. It does not make sense to me why they mounted it on the bedroom wall.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast