User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Without a doubt a tray does take up space. If it is done right [not a generic one size fits all], you could make something that allows you to gain more space that what you lost.

As others have pointed out, you could lose more space than you gained too.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am installing the same tray. How did you end up installing it
    Can you send pics if possible ?
    Thanks Rick

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had 3 full pass-thru bays in our motor home, so lots if acreage to work with. We did add a full length sliding tray to one of the bays. Worked out great, and I found that I used the slider for toolboxes and other items that were accessed frequently while the other bays held boxes, ladder, etc. In that case the "lost" space didn't impact us. Note: it is important to add some sort of simple crossbolt to lock the slider to its' frame......don't ask me how I know that.
    Now in a fifth wheel with less storage space I'm thinking I'd like a tray, but then access to the 'guts' of the coach would be somewhat restricted by the frame of the tray. Plan to spend some serious time thinking this one through.
    I believe the OP was asking about floor thickness....anyone with experience here? Or are all the product lines different?
    Thanks
    2022 Solitude 378-MBS-R, 8k axles and disc brake package, slide toppers, dual panes, 5.5kw Onan, W/D, 3rd AC/heat pump
    2023 F350 Lariat DRW on order, (canceled)
    2023 Chevy 3500 LTZ long bed Duramax, 12250 GVWR, 3867 cargo cap, Z71, 5th wheel prep

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12