User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

slider tray install

I'm planning on a DIY install of the MorRyde slide tray. We have a GD 2022 337 RLS. Is there a particular length screw recommended to install it in our pass thru floor. ALSO is there a recommendation on installing mounting brackets on the forward wall in the pass thru. Photos and information is much appreciated.

Thank You in advance, CK

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl B View Post
    I'm planning on a DIY install of the MorRyde slide tray. We have a GD 2022 337 RLS. Is there a particular length screw recommended to install it in our pass thru floor. ALSO is there a recommendation on installing mounting brackets on the forward wall in the pass thru. Photos and information is much appreciated.

Thank You in advance, CK
    I was able to figure out how thick the floor is on our 22RBE by going to the Universal Docking Station and temporarily removing the round plastic piece where the water hose can be fed up through the floor. Only had to remove three screws then I could see a cross section of the floor to see how thick it is so you can choose the correct length screw. I don't remember how thick it is, and even if I did, your trailer might be different.
    By the way, this thread is in the Grand Design Group Campouts and Rallies forum. If it could be moved to a more appropriate forum it would get more views.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plastic thing.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	40545
    Last edited by alias100; 05-10-2022 at 11:52 PM.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    2021 Ram 2500 Hemi, Crew Cab Short Bed
    2-206 AH SOK Batteries, Victron MultiPlus 3000VA Inverter, 800 watts solar

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you use the search function (top right), you'll find several threads on this topic. You do understand, don't you, that a considerable amount of space is sacrificed to the tray and mechanism? We use deep plastic bins for most things (did in our Reflection 337 and do in our Solitude).

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I appreciate the responses. We are new to this forum and also appreciate the recommendations on how to best use this site. Thank you

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The tray comes with a plethora of screws of different sizes. I found the shallowest screw was still too long though (would hit the frame cross-member of our Momentum) and simply shimmed it with two washers on each screw. I like mine for ease of access, but as Rob mentioned, you do loose some amount of storage space - The tray can only be as wide as the door and takes a couple of inches of height away as well. I didn't lose anything front to back as I redid my back wall to the Nautilus to gain space and tray buts right up to it.
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW, I had a slide tray at one time, and didn't care for it, as I felt I lost too much space to the slide itself. You lose several inches in height, and some in width. JMO, but I felt the "convenience" wasn't worth the tradeoff of lost storage space.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm of the same opinion of some others - too much space given up with the tray. And it just adds more weight.

I had them in a motorhome once and, while they were nice, I had 2 bays of trays (3 counting the battery tray) and ended up cutting up one of the trays to make it shorter to gain space on one side of the rig.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know some of the Reflections have a laminated floor [wood,foam,wood]. It does make a strong floor but I do not know what the holding power of the bolts would be to the thin layer of wood.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed a slide tray in the back, side storage area. I love being able to access the middle of the area when the tray is out. Tray slides both ways. I did have to raise it to about the height of a 2X4 because of braces underneath the tray. I also installed LED strip lights on the wall. These were left over from lights installed in the pantry. I installed two strips and each one is controlled by a switch on each end so no matter which side I use I can light it up. Yes, I did lose some space but being able to easily access the middle made up for that.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right after I bought my Momentum 394 in late Feb 2019, I purchased a kit made by Stromberg Carlson (they don't make them anymore). The kit consisted of both side slide rails and front and rear end pieces. The nice thing about doing it with this kit was the fact that you could make it whatever width that you needed and the slide rails were 5' (60" long). I used 3/4" plywood for the bottom and bolted it into the holes provided on the slider arms/rails. I have about 1/4" on each side of the slide when it comes out through the baggage compartment door opening. There is about 4" on either side of the tray when it is pushed in and I've found several things to put in that "wasted" area. I really like mine and would be really disappointed if I didn't have it. It also has a latching/lock mechanism on it to lock it in place when it is all the way in, as well as all the way out. There is also a pin that can be placed through matching holes to pin it in place when travelling...just in case you don't trust the latching mechanism.....

2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast