Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New and appreciate the help!

After over a year and a half of trying to make the fiancé and my dream of moving in together full time It's happening in a little over 2 weeks!
    We're traveling 1,887 miles there then back to pick up our momentum 395MS.
    Hired a nrvta inspector to go over the unit prior to us making the trip. But want to be as prepared with the necessities once moved into it.

Things we have or are planning to get before we get back home to AZ, will be staying on a military base Fam Camp.
    Mattress, surge protector, water regulator, snap pads. The stilts for the black tank line..

I was also wondering before leaving the dealership should we put some water in the black tank with some borax and dawn already for when we stop for bathroom breaks on the way back. The unit is new.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum. Looks like you have a pretty good idea of your needs. Some water in your tanks would be helpful if you're planning on using everything on your trip.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are getting ours next week. I don't have the experience with towing or camping so that would be a bit much for us. Then again, spontaneity went away about 20 years ago.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First time for me towing a fifth wheel, were sticking to main roads and truck stops for fuel. Once we get a free weekend we're going to take it to a empty parking lot and get a better feel. Maybe even in the fall we're getting 100s in the Temps now.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxBraap View Post
    First time for me towing a fifth wheel, were sticking to main roads and truck stops for fuel. Once we get a free weekend we're going to take it to a empty parking lot and get a better feel. Maybe even in the fall we're getting 100s in the Temps now.
    That's funny because we are going to do the same thing. We live near the State Fairgrounds so there are massive parking lots that are not used most of the year. Good way to learn turning and backing. The truck I got has some sort of magical thing that assists with backing a trailer. Will need to set that up too.