User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb My Goosebox Air Setup. Regulated/Adjustable Bag Pressure

Finally got done what I've wanted to since I got this Goosebox. Enough of that stupid brass block with the cantankerous air inlet fitting and over inflation valve.

Lots of cool features save two....I don't have a way to drain condensation in the tank...and I'm not sure if the regulator will dump some air on every hard bump. I don't expect it to, but we will see. I can pull the tank out and dump water out the top fitting quickly if needs be. And worst case, I add a cheap 12V compressor to the tank if I need continual air. No worries there either.

Anywho...see what you think. I've posted it on the goosebox facespace group so some of you my have seen it already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU4-H2yNBbc
    2021 Reflection 367BHS
    2009 Dodge 3500 4x4 Longbed MegaCab
    Electrical Engineer/Musician/Rancher
    Habbitial facebook jail inmate and soon to be banned from here

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    VERY NICE! I'd like to do the same but not sure I have the room for a tank. I will figure out how to use another TireMinder Sensor - that's clever!

Now - how do you connect and disconnect the chains easily? Any tricks for that?
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Now - how do you connect and disconnect the chains easily? Any tricks for that?
    Easy as pie....I don't run safety chains.
    2021 Reflection 367BHS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ll give you two thumbs up.
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R
    Andersen Ultimate TBX Morryde HD skid plate
    2016 Chevrolet 2500 SB Duramax

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maiden run planned for next weekend. I did order a 1/4 turn shut-off which I will put between the bag and the regulator. This way, as I monitor the pressure on the maiden voyage, if I see that the bouncing going down the road releases too much air due to the output of the regulator constantly changing, then I can just shut the valve to lock in the pressure in the bag at the setpoint. I'll try it both ways and report back how it works.
    2021 Reflection 367BHS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for keeping us up to date. I saw your video on YT before I saw this link.

I just got my Goosebox this week and still need to install it. I'm not sure I'll get as sophisticated as you. I'm just trying to figure out how you got from the valve Reese installs (the one with the pressure relief) to a push-on hose type connection. For sure I'll need to extend my fill point to something other than what Reese came up with.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plus 1, nice system. I did have the valve pop-off on some bumps last trip, lost some pressure, and fill is not convenient with the tailgate. A more convenient air fill location would be nice. The pressure loss seemed to stabilize on the trip home - over roads that I thought were much worse. I had the same pressure for the remaining 2500 miles or so.

I'm guessing that the sensor on the stock pressure relief valve would not work all that well.

Also, let us know if you experience any gouging on the ball with the new GB and what the fitment is with the gooseball shank if you have a factory puck system. @Fsalmy is experiencing similar gouging and noise with ball fitment. If interested, see post update here:
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...904#post434904
    Last edited by ajg617; 07-02-2022 at 05:45 AM.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just shy of dragging 20K on the Goosebox with our 3350RL, which is heavy on the pin. I have fought the fight with that crummy valve, even posting an emergency get-you-by band-aid when it fails on you. Crossing fingers, the replacement has been working as it should. I'm running the bag pretty much as recommended, and I do adjust with large swings in ambient temperature. Since installing the replacement, I have not had a blow-off due to any bumps, but that could be a combination of the replacement, dialing in the bag to the comfort we like, and it's also post-installation of shocks on the 5er. Now, crossing the mountains... Definitely adjusts itself and let's you know it!

As for those with the gouging, ALL gooseneck setups wear the ball. The coupler is not polished, and all too often folks also forget to clean it before hitching. Run grease on the goose ball. The overwhelming source of noise from a Goosebox is not from that ball when towing. It's from the pin. Remove the Allen head cap screw and washers, knock halfway out, stare and be bewildered by the corrosion and pitting, clean up, grease well, and repeat for the other side. If I ever find some free time to complete measurements and details, I'm having a pin that can be greased without removing machined.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    I'm just trying to figure out how you got from the valve Reese installs (the one with the pressure relief) to a push-on hose type connection. For sure I'll need to extend my fill point to something other than what Reese came up with.
    Just cut the 1/4 tubing halfway between the bag and the brass valve. Throw that brass valve in the ditch, and use a 1/4 to 1/4 pushlock coupler. That's how I did mine.

Naturally, Amazon lost my valves so they won't be here until Thursday now. Driver said "handed directly to resident" on the tracking. Pretty funny as to how we were at the Lake all evening and no one was home. Not sure who they "handed" it to, but it wasn't us.

Just got my mega cab back from dad's body shop getting the mega fenders put back on the long bed and getting those long 2006 dually fenders off of it. Looks much better. Now I just need to get my on board air plumbed to the front fuel door and move the fuel fill tubes to the rear fuel door that dad just got put in the bedside to match the mega fender. Lots of projects going on.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	megalong.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	41649
    Last edited by 4x4dually; 07-06-2022 at 06:02 AM.
    2021 Reflection 367BHS

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    As for those with the gouging, ALL gooseneck setups wear the ball. The coupler is not polished, and all too often folks also forget to clean it before hitching. Run grease on the goose ball. The overwhelming source of noise from a Goosebox is not from that ball when towing. It's from the pin. Remove the Allen head cap screw and washers, knock halfway out, stare and be bewildered by the corrosion and pitting, clean up, grease well, and repeat for the other side. If I ever find some free time to complete measurements and details, I'm having a pin that can be greased without removing machined.
    Do you have the Gen 1 or Gen 2? My Gen 2 has a zerk for greasing pin without removing. That said, we had to remove pin during install because Reese had inserted it 180 degrees out with flat portion facing away from ball. It was visually inspected at that time and smooth and clean 3 months ago. I'll pull it again, clean, and inspect.

Wear I can understand but not deep gouges in a circular pattern about 3/4" in diameter on top of ball which is always greased. The only contaminate I found were strings of black paint in the lithium on the ball first few unhitchings from new Goosebox.

As far as the noise, too big a gap between the sleeve and the factory puck IMHO. I shouldn't be able to visibly move and hear the gooseball when it is locked in place in the factory receiver. Truck's going in for CP4 today and I'm going to try a Curt/Mopar ball if they have one to verify fitment.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast