User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony and Ron View Post
    This is a good YouTube video that explains the numbers and capacity.
    https://youtu.be/87runDszXLQ

Tony
    O went ahead and approved this post. It was in moderation since, as a brand new member with few posts, anything with a link in it has to be reviewed before it gets posted.

I'm not a fan of those folks on that YouTube channel. They have a good mix of good and bad reviews, but it takes them forever to make a point. I think their primary interest lies more in getting lots of viewers to support their lifestyle.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony and Ron View Post
    This is a good YouTube video that explains the numbers and capacity.
    https://youtu.be/87runDszXLQ

Tony
    I went ahead and approved this post. It was in moderation since, as a brand new member with few posts, anything with a link in it has to be reviewed before it gets posted.

I don't think those folks on that YouTube channel are exactly the place I'd go to get my technical information. But sometimes they do good product reviews; even tho it takes them forever to make a point. There are other folks right here on this forum that have more experience and that I trust a bit more.
    Larry KE4DMG

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    I went ahead and approved this post. It was in moderation since, as a brand new member with few posts, anything with a link in it has to be reviewed before it gets posted.

I don't think those folks on that YouTube channel are exactly the place I'd go to get my technical information. But sometimes they do good product reviews; even tho it takes them forever to make a point. There are other folks right here on this forum that have more experience and that I trust a bit more.
    Chad and Tara???? You don't like them??? OMG, they are absolutely awesome people. They are also official Grand Design Ambassadors. Chad has a very thorough understanding of how the towing dynamics works and they work really hard at making great videos. I've seen almost every single one they've made over the last four years that they've been doing videos. I'm really surprised by your comment, but to each their own. If we all like the same thing, life would likely be pretty boring.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    Chad and Tara???? You don't like them??? OMG, they are absolutely awesome people. They are also official Grand Design Ambassadors. Chad has a very thorough understanding of how the towing dynamics works and they work really hard at making great videos. I've seen almost every single one they've made over the last four years that they've been doing videos. I'm really surprised by your comment, but to each their own. If we all like the same thing, life would likely be pretty boring.
    I never said I didn't like them. I just said that I think there are folks here on this forum with more experience and who (whom?) I trust more for technical information.

To me they are mostly "influencers". There is nothing inherently wrong with that. But one must remember they are paid to promote stuff and receive some sort of compensation for products they review and for viewership on their YouTube channel. So, therefore, in my opinion, there is some bias and, hence, their advice and recommendations should be viewed with an eye toward why they talked about something or why they provide a review of something - good or bad.

Chad and Tara are nice folks. I do look at some of their videos (usually at more than normal speed). Just the other day I remembered he did a review of a tonneau cover and truck box and watched it again.
    Larry KE4DMG

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    I never said I didn't like them. I just said that I think there are folks here on this forum with more experience and who (whom?) I trust more for technical information.

To me they are mostly "influencers". There is nothing inherently wrong with that. But one must remember they are paid to promote stuff and receive some sort of compensation for products they review and for viewership on their YouTube channel. So, therefore, in my opinion, there is some bias and, hence, their advice and recommendations should be viewed with an eye toward why they talked about something or why they provide a review of something - good or bad.

Chad and Tara are nice folks. I do look at some of their videos (usually at more than normal speed). Just the other day I remembered he did a review of a tonneau cover and truck box and watched it again.
    You are correct....you didn't say that you don't like them, my apologies for saying that. As far as payment goes to promote stuff, from what I've seen they are sometimes contacted by a product manufacturer, but more often than not, they receive recommendations from other RVer type folks about products and they then test stuff. According to them, they will not promote anything that they do not approve of and many times, use themselves. They do have an Amazon store with products that they approve of and a purchase through their links on their Amazon store will profit them, just as many folks do....but, I think they really try hard to give honest reviews, add in the pros and cons and try to be as non-biased as possible. I know that in the beginning, he held a full time job in IT and he lost his job a while back.....but I don't know the exact circumstance of what happened.....downsizing? economy?.....I don't know.

As far as experience goes, yes, there are some folks on here that have been doing the RV thing for many more years than they have....but on the flip side of the coin, they have been full-timing for right around 4 years....so in my book, that is quite a lot of experience also. He seems to be one of those kind of people that is a planner and researcher and will not just settle for mediocrity on anything that he does.

Anyway, moving on with other topics, we both have our opinion and it's great to be able to share our thoughts freely on this forum.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234