User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shortbed Hitches

After 25+ years of towing fivers with a long bed pickup (last a 2003 F-350 Crew Cab 6.0), as a birthday present to myself my DW "insisted" that I purchase a beautiful 2014 Super Duty Platinum Crew Cab with the 6.7. I relented and boy is it nice! The only thing is that it's a short bed. So I'm about to give up my beloved B+W hitch because the new truck came with a PullRite SuperGlide 2914 in the bed! I knew little about the PullRite, but have done some on-line research.

I'm pulling a 2930RL-R so weight wise I'm well with hitch specs. I also considered that as much as I liked the B+W, it seemed to me to be a bit problematical to assume that I would never fail to remember with their slider hitch to flip a lever when needed. The PullRite, of course, does this automatically. That, and not having to spend more money were both attractive. I've ordered the adapter plate for my MorRyde pin box which should arrive in a couple of days.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts and experiences with the PullRite SuperGlide. With the terrible fires we're now experiencing in New Mexico - several of which have devastated some favorite areas - I'm uncertain when we can get away, but I'd like to be prepared.

Thanks in advance for reading this!
    Home Base near Edgewood, New Mexico
    2021 Grand Design Solitude S 2930RL
    2014 Ford Super Duty Platinum Crew Cab Power Stroke
    Co-Pilots: New crew - Charlie the Aussie Pup

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We love ours. No worries about the rig hitting the cab. Be sure you lube the system! We destroyed our hitch head because I didn’t lube as directed. PullRite was wonderful. They replaced it free and I paid the freight.
    Mike & Linda
    303RLS
    2013 F250 Turbo Diesel Crew Cab

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the 2914. I lubricate it regularly as indicated. Never had a problem and enjoy the autoslide (rather than fixed version) for our short bed f250.

Dakota so sorry to hear that. Just want to know what area did you not lubricate that destroyed the hitch head .slots Just a question because i am not flipping the head upside down to lubricate the moving parts under the hitch head on a regular basis. Did not think that was important as the slots and the 2 rails
    2021 F250 XLT CCSB 6.2, 4.30, Iconic Silver, 2021 GD REFLECTION 295RL. PULLRITE SUPERGL. 2914
    2017 F250 Lariat CCSB 6.2 3.73, Caribou , 2013 COACHMEN FREEDOM EXPRESS 281RLDS
    2008 F150 XLT CCSB 5.4 3.55 Blue, 2008 STARCRAFT TT

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfredo View Post
    We have the 2914. I lubricate it regularly as indicated. Never had a problem and enjoy the autoslide (rather than fixed version) for our short bed f250.

Dakota so sorry to hear that. Just want to know what area did you not lubricate that destroyed the hitch head .slots Just a question because i am not flipping the head upside down to lubricate the moving parts under the hitch head on a regular basis. Did not think that was important as the slots and the 2 rails
    Love our pull rite slider, but am also interested to see what area "did not" get lubed. Mine seems quite oily everywhere just from doing the rails and in the slots the mention.
    Retired
    2014 F250 Super Cab Lariat 6.7 diesel SRW
    2020 Reflection 29rs
    Pull Rite 18k SuperGlide

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same here. Great system takes the worry out of backing and cornering in tight spaces. A bit heavy though from a payload stand point. Mine is also greasy from the regular rail and slot lubing though I love going with plain WD40 and not needing anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is my second trailer and second truck that I have used the SuperGlide in.
    I have no complaints.
    It is a heavy booger though.
    On this last truck I opted for the removable rails. It was a good decision.
    When my last son moved out on his own I had to get creative on getting this thing in and out of the truck.
    A buddy of mine suggested using an electric winch from Harbor Freight.
    I did and it works great!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HF Hoist.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	40716
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hitch Installed.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	40717
    2020 Reflection 29RS 5th Wheel
    2019 GMC 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a RAM 3500 SRW Short Box (see sig) and are also towing a 2930RL. At first I had planned to go with a Demco auto-slider but the weight of the hitch was a concern - both from a payload perspective and from me trying to lift it in and out of our truck. My back is not the best so I ended up going with an Andersen AUH. We're within a few hundred pounds of our truck GVWR and I've appreciated the light weight of the Andersen. This is our first 5th wheel so I cannot compare with anything else, but its worked well so far with our truck / trailer combination.
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL
    2021 RAM 3500 SRW CC Short Box HO Cummins Rear Air Suspension

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Pullrite Superlite 2600 1P and love it but I traded in my 2018 SB for my now 2022 LB, it allow you to push it back at two point. I can get about 85% radius but this is more than I would want to go backing up at a camp site, I mostly go to RV Resorts and RV Parks don't go to state parks so we need have to back up at some crazy angle but now I have a LB so it don't matter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN3407.jpg   DSCN3402.jpg   DSCN3395.jpg  
    Last edited by Spartacus; 05-24-2022 at 01:30 AM.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by EdgewoodPeter View Post
    After 25+ years of towing fivers with a long bed pickup (last a 2003 F-350 Crew Cab 6.0), as a birthday present to myself my DW "insisted" that I purchase a beautiful 2014 Super Duty Platinum Crew Cab with the 6.7. I relented and boy is it nice! The only thing is that it's a short bed. So I'm about to give up my beloved B+W hitch because the new truck came with a PullRite SuperGlide 2914 in the bed! I knew little about the PullRite, but have done some on-line research.

I'm pulling a 2930RL-R so weight wise I'm well with hitch specs. I also considered that as much as I liked the B+W, it seemed to me to be a bit problematical to assume that I would never fail to remember with their slider hitch to flip a lever when needed. The PullRite, of course, does this automatically. That, and not having to spend more money were both attractive. I've ordered the adapter plate for my MorRyde pin box which should arrive in a couple of days.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts and experiences with the PullRite SuperGlide. With the terrible fires we're now experiencing in New Mexico - several of which have devastated some favorite areas - I'm uncertain when we can get away, but I'd like to be prepared.

Thanks in advance for reading this!
    We had a ANDERSON 5th wheel hitch in our RAM 3500 Shortbed. Worked out GREAT. If I was to get another 5th wheel, I'd get another ANDERSON. Lightweight and plenty of weight for that trailer..
    Robob
    2020 GD 22RBE