User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Received my notice today, called dealer and was told it is a 4 month wait for installation.
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I called my dealer a few weeks ago the tech guy said FCA is only allowing them to do 1 a week IIRC.
    Not sure which dealer gets more or less or what kind of allotment is given out. My dealer is a decent volume dealer FWIW. I figure I'm not going to see a new HPFP until fall or later.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by attaboy View Post
    Received my notice today, called dealer and was told it is a 4 month wait for installation.
    Bob A.
    I had mine in for a wheel balancing and they called me and told me that they were ordering the parts and I should be able to have it done in a few of weeks. Coming up on two weeks now so just waiting to see when I get my call.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    When I called my dealer a few weeks ago the tech guy said FCA is only allowing them to do 1 a week IIRC.
    Not sure which dealer gets more or less or what kind of allotment is given out. My dealer is a decent volume dealer FWIW. I figure I'm not going to see a new HPFP until fall or later.
    Same thing I was told, one per week per dealer. At least I am on the install list.
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I have read on the forums, and what RAMcares has been telling people, the 2019 trucks are not supposed to get the update until September, although several people with 2019's have said they did get the new pump. Nothing from my dealer. Of course this makes sense, first update the fuel pumps that were supposed to fix the issue of the original failure prone ones.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, after reading the last few posts and calling the dealer I am not encouraged. We're in the middle of a 4K mile trip so I thought I would schedule a visit when we get home. When I talked with the service manager, they hadn't done one replacement yet and seemed very hesitant to even try because of 'everything that can go wrong'

I scheduled an appointment with 3 trucks ahead of me (late June). Now I hope the truck runs after they get through with it!
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I finally got my truck in for the fuel pump recall. They called today and said it was ready for pickup and sent me the invoice total. I was charged almost $1000 for the pump, $500 for the fuel filters and labor and supplies fee. My understanding is since the pump was recalled, I don't pay for the pump. Am I misunderstanding something?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Russo View Post
    So I finally got my truck in for the fuel pump recall. They called today and said it was ready for pickup and sent me the invoice total. I was charged almost $1000 for the pump, $500 for the fuel filters and labor and supplies fee. My understanding is since the pump was recalled, I don't pay for the pump. Am I misunderstanding something?
    The recall should be absolutely no charge to the consumer for 2019-2020 RAMs with Cummins CP4 fuel pumps assuming the work was done at an authorized RAM repair facility. I did have to pay for the fuel filters as the dealer allegedly found no evidence of metal shards and I wanted them changed. I paid $500 to have them changed at the local dealer, but only $250 at the selling dealer that performed the recall.
    Last edited by ajg617; 11-18-2022 at 11:20 AM.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Russo View Post

Someone needs to explain to them ‘not my financial obligation, contact Dodge’. That’s retarded.
    Randy and Kris

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine was done a few months back. No charge.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast