User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cfowler55 View Post
    Mine was done a few months back. No charge.
    Charlie
    same here. Done in october.
    Retired U.S. Navy Engineer

2020 Ram 2500 Big Horn, CC, 6.7 Cummins
    2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally got mine changed today. Kind of hard scheduling with the 2 month wait when your full time.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that they are officially doing the 2019’s, I am on the wait list for three different dealers. Looks like sometime in April. Hopefully
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now they have recalled our 2021 Ram 1500 ECO diesel for the same thing. Dealer said it would be probably be another year before they have the parts available for those.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by el Rojo View Post
    Now they have recalled our 2021 Ram 1500 ECO diesel for the same thing. Dealer said it would be probably be another year before they have the parts available for those.
    Wait, I thought RAM ditched the CP4 in 2021?
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry

My 2021 3.0 liter EcoDiesel fuel pump recall notice came last week, along with the reminder that I still needed to do the recall for the random self opening tailgate (that's not supposed to)!

The notice says no fix is available (yet) for the fuel pump, but I can schedule the tailgate repair any time.

Frankly I am perturbed with Ram despite 50,000 miles of trouble free driving. Every time I need to get the oil and fuel filters changed my dealer won't have one (or the other) of the filters in stock. What makes this worse is that the dealers don't share with each other -- as a matter of policy. My dealer can search the inventory of all the dealers in upstate NY but can't buy the part directly from the dealer that has it. And my dealer says they treat other dealerships the same way (WTF RAM?). So a few days before my appointment I call my dealer to confirm they have the filters in stock. If they don't, they tell me which local dealer does. I then call that dealer, pay for the parts and go get them myself. A few times I have resorted from ordering a filter from an out of state dealer after an internet search. Ram's parts department is run by a bunch of idiots.

So, am I surprised that Ram/Stelantis doesn't stock the fuel pumps we all need????!!! NOT AT ALL!!!!
    Last edited by Dadeo6472; 12-31-2022 at 10:47 AM.
    Doug, Patti and our puppy Leo are from upstate NY.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadeo6472 View Post
    My 2021 3.0 liter EcoDiesel fuel pump recall notice came last week, along with the reminder that I still needed to do the recall for the random self opening tailgate (that's not supposed to)!

The notice says no fix is available (yet) for the fuel pump, but I can schedule the tailgate repair any time.

Frankly I am perturbed with Ram despite 50,000 miles of trouble free driving. Every time I need to get the oil and fuel filters changed my dealer won't have one (or the other) of the filters in stock. What makes this worse is that the dealers don't share with each other -- as a matter of policy. My dealer can search the inventory of all the dealers in upstate NY but can't buy the part directly from the dealer that has it. And my dealer says they treat other dealerships the same way (WTF RAM?). So a few days before my appointment I call my dealer to confirm they have the filters in stock. If they don't, they tell me which local dealer does. I then call that dealer, pay for the parts and go get them myself. A few times I have resorted from ordering a filter from an out of state dealer after an internet search. Ram's parts department is run by a bunch of idiots.

So, am I surprised that Ram/Stelantis doesn't stock the fuel pumps we all need????!!! NOT AT ALL!!!!
    This is actually all still repercussions from the supply chain disruption from COVID. ZERO of the OEM filters are made in the US. Not one. There's also parts allocations that are based upon what the dealer services most frequently. I'll give you a for instance, the dealer that I take my 5th Gen RAM 1500 to for warranty and service (I literally bought the lifetime MaxCare warranty on the last day offered and the dealer also give lifetime oil changes) is the largest 1/2-ton RAM dealer in the NE. They have to order in next to nothing for them, including a myriad of trim pieces, glass, etc. On the other hand, I needed to change the AISIN's fluid and filter in my dually so figured I'd take it to them. Would have taken them 2 weeks for an OE Mopar 68224232AA filter or they offered an aftermarket (ATP=no way). I had RockAuto deliver the OE right to the service manager and then came in for the change and the dealer was great about it charging me for the fluid and a half-hour labor!

You wouldn't believe trying to get a water pump at the height of the pandemic. NOWHERE in the US was there one in Mopar Parts inventory. Not a single one. I then went direct to Cummins and found there were 3 in all of Cummins inventory nationwide (the castings are are made in India). As luck would have it, one was in a North Jersey dealer inventory while the other two were Texas and Oregon. Nothing like a 7-hour round trip drive for a new water pump, but if you're familiar with the saga of Cummins water pumps of the era, you know you only want OE and nothing aftermarket/reman.

Being a gearhead and normally a guy that does all my own repair and service, I normally keep filters and fluid on-hand for service at our sticks and bricks. However, since this pandemic effect, now I keep a larger inventory that includes transmission filters. With us spending so much time on the road, my road kit now contains spare oil filter, both OE fuel filters, aux fuel filter, cabin air filter, air filter, my preferred gear oil enough to change the rear (there was no supply for nearly 7 months), spare belt, crankcase filter, thermostat, and a water pump. I also keep properly rated spare valve stems for both the trailer wheels and the dually because they were also practically non-existent for a long stretch in 2021. Sounds like a lot, but all fits neatly into a storage bin with the gear oil now being in the pouches.

Crazy times will continue to linger another year or two I am sure.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    This is actually all still repercussions from the supply chain disruption from COVID. ZERO of the OEM filters are made in the US. Not one. There's also parts allocations that are based upon what the dealer services most frequently. I'll give you a for instance, the dealer that I take my 5th Gen RAM 1500 to for warranty and service (I literally bought the lifetime MaxCare warranty on the last day offered and the dealer also give lifetime oil changes) is the largest 1/2-ton RAM dealer in the NE. They have to order in next to nothing for them, including a myriad of trim pieces, glass, etc. On the other hand, I needed to change the AISIN's fluid and filter in my dually so figured I'd take it to them. Would have taken them 2 weeks for an OE Mopar 68224232AA filter or they offered an aftermarket (ATP=no way). I had RockAuto deliver the OE right to the service manager and then came in for the change and the dealer was great about it charging me for the fluid and a half-hour labor!

You wouldn't believe trying to get a water pump at the height of the pandemic. NOWHERE in the US was there one in Mopar Parts inventory. Not a single one. I then went direct to Cummins and found there were 3 in all of Cummins inventory nationwide (the castings are are made in India). As luck would have it, one was in a North Jersey dealer inventory while the other two were Texas and Oregon. Nothing like a 7-hour round trip drive for a new water pump, but if you're familiar with the saga of Cummins water pumps of the era, you know you only want OE and nothing aftermarket/reman.

Being a gearhead and normally a guy that does all my own repair and service, I normally keep filters and fluid on-hand for service at our sticks and bricks. However, since this pandemic effect, now I keep a larger inventory that includes transmission filters. With us spending so much time on the road, my road kit now contains spare oil filter, both OE fuel filters, aux fuel filter, cabin air filter, air filter, my preferred gear oil enough to change the rear (there was no supply for nearly 7 months), spare belt, crankcase filter, thermostat, and a water pump. I also keep properly rated spare valve stems for both the trailer wheels and the dually because they were also practically non-existent for a long stretch in 2021. Sounds like a lot, but all fits neatly into a storage bin with the gear oil now being in the pouches.

Crazy times will continue to linger another year or two I am sure.
    My opinion is that Covid related parts shortages are the product of three decades of free trade insanity. Outsourcing to China for cost cutting and added corporate profit killed off critical US manufacturing. And shortages are going to continue as Covid runs rampant in China and democracies worldwide realize that China’s dictators will only be stopped when we stop buying and financing them. We modernized and armed a dictatorship of over a billion people in the name of free trade and temporary access to cheap goods and corporate profit.

We were fools!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123