User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RAM CP4 recall update - Parts available to dealers

Quick update on this recall. According to a poster on a RAM forum, parts have been made available to dealerships (sparingly) starting May 10th. I called my dealership today and they said it would take 1 day to get the parts in. I start 4500 mile trip next Tuesday and would really like to get this done before but have mixed feelings about being first in the queue. It's possible that I could get it done before if they squeeze me into their full service schedule. Apparently dealers are limited to one or two kits per week and the parts are VIN dependent.
    Last edited by ajg617; 05-11-2022 at 07:21 PM.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the update.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you know what the repair is? Is it a CP3?
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by el Rojo View Post
    Do you know what the repair is? Is it a CP3?
    Based upon what I am reading on the RAM forums, it is a modified CP3 that puts out the pressure the CP4 did. There is also a flash required and some plumbing changes. The tech should do a fuel inspection downstream of the pump first - if any signs of metal particles, injectors also get replaced. FCA TSB is allowing 10.3-11.4 hours for a failed pump.

Logged into my mopar account and it does say parts are available.
    Last edited by ajg617; 05-12-2022 at 06:25 AM.
    Robin & John
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE have mixed feelings about being first in the queue][/QUOTE]

I understand your concern there. You don't want your truck to be the training tool.
    But it's good news that parts are finally available.
    Good luck with the change. Make sure to give it a few good runs before setting out on your trip to make sure there are no leaks or timing issues.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jleonard View Post
    [QUOTE have mixed feelings about being first in the queue]
    I understand your concern there. You don't want your truck to be the training tool.
    But it's good news that parts are finally available.
    Good luck with the change. Make sure to give it a few good runs before setting out on your trip to make sure there are no leaks or timing issues.[/QUOTE]

Probably won't happen before trip. Dealer would do it but I'd have to drop the truck for 4-5 days which means trying to change the outbound itinerary. Sweating this out because got a good shudder under heavy acceleration merging onto highway with trailer in tow last week. Only 13K on the truck.
    Robin & John

2023 stays

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just spoke with the Service Manager. If the pump has started to go and the tech finds any signs of metal debris, everything in the fuel system gets changed including injectors, lines, rails, fuel pump, and FUEL TANK. He has not seen one CP4 failure at his dealership and I would be the first swap for them. Once the parts are ordered, they can only be ordered once which means that if he can't get the swap done and I head out and break down on the way west, no local dealer could order them from FCA. I joked with him that I always wanted the larger fuel tank and he said he might be able to accommodate. Making this trip with the CP4.
    Robin & John

2023 stays

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I called my local dealer yesterday, and he didn't have any info, other than to say he has received "hundreds, and hundreds" of calls. Yes, this dealer is one of the worst, not sure how they survive. Called another one about 25 miles from me, and he said they have received the parts list for the 2020, but not the 2019, and doesn't know yet when they can get the parts. Not sure there is any difference between the two years, other than software, due to the 2020 having the CP4.2, instead of the 2019 CP4.

Have a 2,000 mile trip coming up in a week and a half, so just keep trucking and hoping.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just spoke with the Service Manager and he said he can't order any parts for 2019 yet.
    Robin & John

2023 stays

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UPDATE : I spoke with MOPAR customer service this morning. Parts just released for HPFP recall. Called my local dealer to order parts and have appointment for next Friday. Hopefully this all works out.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast