Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by docque View Post
    Again it has been many years since we camped. We had a tent camper so no tanks at all. Washed dishes outside and dumped on the ground. I have no clue what to expect when it comes to campgrounds. I just have what I read. "Full hookups" have so many different meanings when it comes to each campground. I would think if we are going to do a long stay I should look for one that has the dumps at the individual sites. Not even sure if that is a thing.
    Actually, "Full Hookups" means the same thing at all RV parks/campgrounds: electric, water, and sewer.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the above statements of 4-5 days for the black tank with two people is reasonable. I think the gray tanks have much more variability; shower duration, paper plates vs reusable, etc.

Agree that the term Full Hookup is universal; water/sewer/electric. Definitely something to consider if you are 100% confined to using your camper everything. Other consideration is a portable tote, I use one on longer stays when full hookup is not an option.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
    I think the above statements of 4-5 days for the black tank with two people is reasonable. I think the gray tanks have much more variability; shower duration, paper plates vs reusable, etc.

Agree that the term Full Hookup is universal; water/sewer/electric. Definitely something to consider if you are 100% confined to using your camper everything. Other consideration is a portable tote, I use one on longer stays when full hookup is not an option.
    Well, we looked at a "Full hookup" at a State park and it did not include sewer. Maybe it was just that one place but I always look.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, we looked at a "Full hookup" at a State park and it did not include sewer. Maybe it was just that one place but I always look.
    There are some smaller parks that only have, maybe one or two full hookups, but the rest are water/electric. So they say "Full Hookups", but they're referring to only a couple sites. But yes, you know what they say: "Trust, but verify".
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I'm finding in AZ and CA is that State and County parks almost all have water and power at each site, but have a dump station. Long termers there all have those plastic poo wagons they tow with their trucks to the dump station.

My experience mirrors that of others here. My wife and I have done up to 4 nights and never saw our black tank sensor above 2/3rds full. Grays fill faster.
    Matt, Irene, and Ruby (our Golden Retriever)
    2022 Imagine 2600RB with ProPride 3P
    2024 Silverado 2500 LTZ Gasser (3500 payload)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another vote for 5+ days on the black tank. We have done 5 and only showed 2/3 full. If you go in knowing to use less water I think 7 is doable as long as you take time to flush the tank well when you dump (think of the 70s conservation slogan " yellow let it mellow, brown flush it down"). Gray can be stretched by the wife not washing hair every day. Or if y'all even just take a shower every other day and wash up with a washcloth the other days.
    2021 Reflection 340RDS
    2022 Ram 3500 Big Horn/CCSB//4X4/SRW/HEMI/4:10
    2019 Imagine 2250RK~Sold

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we are also in the 5 to 7 days camp. depends on how much we are there. grey tanks are what we fill up quicker. if boondocking we just have to go super light on showers and then we can make it 5 to 7 days as well by then were usually out of water as well.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are going to be picking up our Transcend 231rk next week. We are going to take it slow before we jump into taking off for months at a time.

Here is the question. Under normal (not sure what abnormal would be) use how many days would it take to fill the blackwater tank? It would be just the Wife and I. I have a compromised immune system so using the parks facilities is not a thing.
    In addition to summer trips, we spend the winter [3-4 months] in our Solitude and I dump our 2 black tanks about every 10 days. Our black tank capacity is 106 gallons total. I use the forward 1/2 bath [tall ceiling; I am 6'6"] and my wife used the master bath.
    Brad & Jeanette
    2020 Solitude 373FB
    2016 F350 Super Duty Lariat 4x4 DRW 6.7 Power Stroke V8 Crew Cab BW Companion 3300 Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    390RK - My wife and I started full timing last September and found that our black tank, 56 gallons i believer. The monitors register full all the time so we don't count on them. Generally speaking we can go 7 - 10 days before dumping.... never reaching that point of HAVING to dump. Strict rule, we do NOT place any paperwork of any kind into the black tank. We always coach company on this rule.
    During the winter it is near impossible to flush the tank but come spring we do it every dump.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again it has been many years since we camped. We had a tent camper so no tanks at all. Washed dishes outside and dumped on the ground. I have no clue what to expect when it comes to campgrounds. I just have what I read. "Full hookups" have so many different meanings when it comes to each campground. I would think if we are going to do a long stay I should look for one that has the dumps at the individual sites. Not even sure if that is a thing.
    If you're going to be at places with full hookups for 3 or more weeks leave your black tank closed and any grey tanks open. Close the grey tank valves 2 or 3 days prior to departure time to use for the final rinse. My wife and I find we can go 7-9 days on the black tank and never go by the guages to determine if it's full. We'll also dump/flush the tank a day or two earlier if the weather is looking lousey for our planned dump days. Good luck with your new journeys!
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast