Don’t tell ‘em! JK(sort of).

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungy View Post
    Don’t tell ‘em! JK(sort of).
    Not where I live. Code Enforcer is young and wants to make a name for himself. I live in a small town and I am not a Fireman so they watch me closely. Everyone knows everyone and since I am not a Fireman I am not welcome. Even though my health won't allow me to be one.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by docque View Post
    Town says no.
    Why does the town say no to you having an RV pedestal installed by a qualified electrician per the NEC codebook? Is this because they don't want you having your RV parked in the yard or what? I'd tell them to go #sand . I'm curious as to the reason.
    2021 Reflection 367BHS
    2009 Dodge 3500 4x4 Longbed MegaCab
    Electrical Engineer/Musician/Rancher
    Habbitial facebook jail inmate and soon to be banned from here

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4x4dually View Post
    Why does the town say no to you having an RV pedestal installed by a qualified electrician per the NEC codebook? Is this because they don't want you having your RV parked in the yard or what? I'd tell them to go #sand . I'm curious as to the reason.
    Lucky us we purchased a house that has crap running underground that we can't disturb. This is not the first project denied. Actually it is the forth. No on the pool, garage, gazebo, patio.

Took us a few months to get permission to trim our tree up.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lucky us we purchased a house that has crap running underground that we can't disturb. This is not the first project denied. Actually it is the forth. No on the pool, garage, gazebo, patio.

Holy smokes. This is why I live in BFE. I couldn't take anyone telling me what to do and not do on my property. Not sure why they couldn't do a directional bore under all the existing, it might cost a few bucks, but could be done. There's always a way.
    2021 Reflection 367BHS
    2009 Dodge 3500 4x4 Longbed MegaCab
    Electrical Engineer/Musician/Rancher
    Habbitial facebook jail inmate and soon to be banned from here

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you very much for that. Sorry, I have been writing software forever. I need numbers. "Don't do it because you will burn your house down" does not answer the question.
    Too often in software development, the Sales team is handed a product that doesn't do everything they expect. Instead of blaming the Development team, that energy is better spent on some back and forth to discuss all of the variables that are in play.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4x4dually View Post
    Holy smokes. This is why I live in BFE. I couldn't take anyone telling me what to do and not do on my property. Not sure why they couldn't do a directional bore under all the existing, it might cost a few bucks, but could be done. There's always a way.
    Oh, you wouldn't believe what happens around here. We are out in the country. Neighbor has one acre zoned farmland, everyone on the street is zoned farmland. Some of that land has been bought since we moved here and still zoned farmland. We have a larger plot of property then many in the area. Not zoned farmland. They changed that before we signed for the house.

Again, not one of the "Good Old boys" so we are treated differently. But I have to live here so I jump threw the hoops for now. Was going to move out as soon as Wife retired but COVID hit and I am housebound. So, camper will allow us to travel and search for a home. We traveled a ton in the past. Did many flying vacations a year. I love Arizona but then we went to Wyoming. I hate snow but... WYOMING!!! We may look for places there.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow..that really sux. I know an area around here that is similar. Established homeowners that don't want anybody doing ANYTHING in their community.
    I however, live in an unorganized township. We can do virtually anything on your own land as long as it's not illegal.

Back to your second question. 15A will do you just fine for fridge and lights while you pack up the trailer. That's all I've ever used.
    With my 303RLS I installed a micro-air 364 so the 15A cct will even handle the A/C starting up with the fridge running.
    But buy a quality cord. A lot of cheap cords are 16ga with a 15a plug on the end..so read the label/marking on the cord. I use a 25' 14ga cord. Going longer I'd step up to 12ga.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    Wow..that really sux. I know an area around here that is similar. Established homeowners that don't want anybody doing ANYTHING in their community.
    I however, live in an unorganized township. We can do virtually anything on your own land as long as it's not illegal.

Back to your second question. 15A will do you just fine for fridge and lights while you pack up the trailer. That's all I've ever used.
    With my 303RLS I installed a micro-air 364 so the 15A cct will even handle the A/C starting up with the fridge running.
    But buy a quality cord. A lot of cheap cords are 16ga with a 15a plug on the end..so read the label/marking on the cord. I use a 25' 14ga cord. Going longer I'd step up to 12ga.
    Sorry for late response. We do not desire to run the AC at home. The TT came with a 20ft 30amp cord. I have an adapter and it is plugged into the home. What I then did is turned off the circuit breaker for the AC unit. That way it won't turn on.
    Upstate NY
    2022 Ford F150 with trailer tow package
    2022 Transcend Xplor 231rk
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for late response. We do not desire to run the AC at home. The TT came with a 20ft 30amp cord. I have an adapter and it is plugged into the home. What I then did is turned off the circuit breaker for the AC unit. That way it won't turn on.
    Sounds like you've got quite a bit to deal with from your township. Since you said you can park in or near the driveway when you need to be hooked up and you are using minimal electrical items I would use whatever cord came with the RV and (1) 30Amp manufacturer extension cord, usually 30'.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast