Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help finding a used pin box

Hi All,

I've installed a B&W Companion 25k hitch and just ain't getting bed rail clearance above 5" with the hitch at max height. My RV is about 5 degrees nose down still and my Lippert Rota-flex 21k Pin Box is already at the lowest mounting point. Lippert says the Flex-Air or Air-ride will drop about 4 inches more than the Rota-flex, but I'm hoping to not spend another 1,500 on a new pin box. Used would be ideal, but I don't know the best place to look.

Alternatively, if any of you have a 21k Flex-air with the Lippert 1621 bolt pattern you're looking to part with and are within 500 miles of Detroit, I can swing by haha.

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not a big fan of the Rota-Flex, anyway (doesn't keep the pin vertical and plate horizontal). The MORryde rubber pin boxes are less expensive than many and work extremely well. I think most of the used pin boxes you'll find will be from private parties (think Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist) from people replacing them with a Goose Box or Gen-Y (and many of those are likely to be stock 1621s without dampening).

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015