User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thisismyusername View Post
    So I've had some big life changes and have the opportunity to get a grand design 2150RB gifted to me by my parents who are no longer able to get in and out of it.

So I was planning to spend 6mo definitely no longer than a year full timing it.

What are some absolute necessities/upgrades besides storage hooks and a better mattress?

It's just going to be me and large dog. Im hoping to do remote working but may end up taking shorter travel nurse contracts. I feel like one thing I will sorely want is a portable washer. I was thinking it could be put in the head between the toilet and vanity where the hot water heater panel is. Something like a little 2cu/ft one.

Any input welcome.
    First, congratulations upon receiving this great gift. We transitioned to full time RV living this year and we've greatly enjoyed meeting the people that follow this lifestyle. My question, or perhaps better stated, is have you decided if you will be residing in a mostly fixed location, or will you be mobile and moving about? I ask this, because if you plan to "live" in a long term park, then things like Internet, and perhaps suspension/hitch enhancements fall to a second priority tier. However, if you will be moving these things move to the front of what you will want to solve.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thisismyusername View Post
    So I've had some big life changes and have the opportunity to get a grand design 2150RB gifted to me by my parents who are no longer able to get in and out of it.

So I was planning to spend 6mo definitely no longer than a year full timing it.

What are some absolute necessities/upgrades besides storage hooks and a better mattress?

It's just going to be me and large dog. Im hoping to do remote working but may end up taking shorter travel nurse contracts. I feel like one thing I will sorely want is a portable washer. I was thinking it could be put in the head between the toilet and vanity where the hot water heater panel is. Something like a little 2cu/ft one.

Any input welcome.
    Since my wife is a nurse, she suggests a washing machine for scrubs. Even if it's one of the portable types, and something to hang them on to dry. She also says reflective foil to black out the windows if you work nights. I second that, as it helps in both summer and winter.

That said, I suggest a heated hose. I also suggest a cordless drill and a brad nailer. Travel nursing contracts often go in 13 week increments. If you're going to be towing it often, you'll be glad to have them because screws come loose, and brad nails holding trim does give way. Personally, I love my Milwaukee ones.
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12