User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First time full timing, absolute needs?

So I've had some big life changes and have the opportunity to get a grand design 2150RB gifted to me by my parents who are no longer able to get in and out of it.

So I was planning to spend 6mo definitely no longer than a year full timing it.

What are some absolute necessities/upgrades besides storage hooks and a better mattress?

It's just going to be me and large dog. Im hoping to do remote working but may end up taking shorter travel nurse contracts. I feel like one thing I will sorely want is a portable washer. I was thinking it could be put in the head between the toilet and vanity where the hot water heater panel is. Something like a little 2cu/ft one.

Any input welcome.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one thing my wife relishes about laundry is she is done with it all in less than two hours using a laundromat. Now sometimes the facilities aren’t the best, but vs having a dedicated washer that takes all day for four loads, she values her time.

Have an emergency vent for the pooch if the AC fails or power is lost. Inside can become miserably hot in no time.

Good luck.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum! If you use the search function (top right on the menus), you'll find a very recent thread on just this topic with lots of good advice.

You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’ve been full-timers for the better part of 7years now. While our rig is plumbed for a washer/dryer, the wife did not want to lost space. Most we know with in rig washers have to do several loads a week…..we use a laundromat every 7-10 days and are done. Of course we do not boondock much, and most RV parks we’ve stayed 8n had laundry facilities. You’ll have to evaluate whether the lost space is worth it to you.

As already stated, there are lots of threads with good advice on what you may need for a 6-12 month RV experience? Good luck.

Alan
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. Do you have a suggested search string to find the thread with the info?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, some essentials:
    Space in the fridge for beer.
    Lights to hang on your awning.
    Alexa for voice commanding lights and music.
    A router with twin sim slots and mimo antenna.
    Fo 'schizzle solar, if you don't already have it.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I realize that bill paying can be done online, but how do full timers get snail mail or packages? I would think there are cases where a home address, PO Box is necessary?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
    I realize that bill paying can be done online, but how do full timers get snail mail or packages? I would think there are cases where a home address, PO Box is necessary?
    We, and many others use a service for snail mail. In our case it's Anytime Mail, where physical mail pieces go to our new service address. Anytime Mail receives it, scans the envelope and notifies us. We login, see the envelope and decide what to do with it; Open and scan the contents | Recycle it | Shred it | Forward it to another address. In the latter case we forward it to General Deliver C/O of the post office nearest to us. Many campgrounds too will let you forward mail to them for you to pick up. Now, in the case of Amazon deliveries. We use the campground we're at as the shipping address (after checking it is OK with the office), or have it delivered to an Amazon Locker/Counter nearby where we're camped. In fact today I'll be picking up a half dozen Amazon items from the lockers in front of 7-11 here in Elkhart Indiana! WoOT!
    - El Hefe

Camping: Where you spend a small fortune to live like a homeless person.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
    Like @Baja Fog, we use a mail service. In our case, it's the Escapees RV Club which also provides our legal domicile (using our mail service address). With Escapees, you can get addresses in Texas, Florida and South Dakota. We are domiciled in Livingston, TX, so our vehicle tags and drivers licenses are Texas and we vote (by mail) in Polk County, TX. The scanning and forwarding part of the mail services works very well, too.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast