Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those with a 2016 or newer F150 (had one but now have a 2019) be aware its RV battery charge circuit cannot support accessories unless there’s an onboard battery that’s at least mostly charged. There is no fuse in the line. The line is monitored by the computer which cuts off the line if the battery is very low or not connected. Learned this the hard way when I picked up my TT after the dealer had had it over a month. Dead battery and with 7-pin plugged in, charge circuit was dead. Assumed blown fuse, but couldn’t find one. Called Ford CS which at the time (2016) didn’t know there was no fuse until over half an hour of searching its database. Now I carry an extra fully charged battery whenever I pick up my TT from the dealer. If the onboard battery is dead, it will not even reach from the truck.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GRIZMAN View Post
    Hi All,
    I am at the age where nothing is very easy for me. I had the dual batteries removed from our Reflection 318 RST last fall and now need to move her from our storage location. QUESTION: Will the tow vehicles 7 pin power source be enough to raise the front jacks? I can have our RV service put the batteries back in and hook them up but I need to get my truck hooked up and the FW hauled there. Basically I wonder if my TV will power the jacks without batteries connected in the FW? Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions you may have for my dilemma.
    The 7 pin might handle enough power, but it depends on the tow vehicle. When I had my old Imagine 2250RK I was able to use the tongue jack from my Ram 2500. I traded the Ram for a Ford F-250 and I could not power the tongue jack from the Ford.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been there, with batteries that couldn't put out enough volts. I tried that trick too, ie, hooking up the TV, but it just wasn't enough. The Lippert six-way leveler system needed at least 12.8V, and the TV couldn't do it. Had to buy new batteries, as the three year originals couldn't be fully charged enough.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12