User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    I have a 3500 Ram with the same box as you. I did a lot of research and bought the B&W Companion. With the Andersen and PullRite Superlite you need to lock out the turning point pin box so you will loose that advantage. To use the turning point pin box you need to use a conventional hitch so you can use the wedge which allows the turning point pin box to rotate. Before you buy any hitch make sure that the turning point pin box has a wedge for it so you can use that feature.

Rob
    Be aware that the single point attached Companion hitch is not approved for use with the turning point pinbox. The Patriot and the Companion made for the puck system are approved.
    Paul and Sue
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, GooseBox hitch
    2019 Ram 3500 Cummins CC SB

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Companion hitch made for the puck system says "Some pin boxes such as a Pull−rite® Superglide Capture Plate remove the pivot point between a trailer and coupler and should not be used...Pin boxes with a wedge that relocates the pivot point such as a Reese® Sidewinder or Reese® Revolution may be used..."
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverbeard View Post
    Be aware that the single point attached Companion hitch is not approved for use with the turning point pinbox. The Patriot and the Companion made for the puck system are approved.
    Thanks but I am aware of that and not using a turning point pinbox. I have the Morryde rubber pinbox on my Solitude.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    Thanks but I am aware of that and not using a turning point pinbox. I have the Morryde rubber pinbox on my Solitude.

Rob
    Rob,
    Sorry but I wasn’t aiming my comments at you. My intent was to provide information to those following this thread.
    Paul and Sue
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, GooseBox hitch
    2019 Ram 3500 Cummins CC SB

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NP. I didn't take any offence.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ram 2500 & 3500 4x4's are tall... Reflection 150 series are not.....For my Ram 3500 4x4 short bed I have the puck adapter 2" tall and th Reese 16k pro hitch set to the lowest setting 14" ..... For a total hitch height of 16" from the bed to the top of the hitch... with a tad over 5" of clearance between the truck and the 5th wheel... And the 5th wheel towing is still nose higher than I'd like... I'd love a B&W Companion, but don't want to go and inch higher....
    2019 230RL Reflection ..... 1996 Dodge 2500 Cummins still pulling just as hard as the day I brought her home November 1995...3.6 Onan. 2 battleborns 300 watts solar, 1500 watt aims inverter....(Convictions are a far greater foe of truth than lies) {Nietztche}

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2021 RD260 trailer. I had a 2020 Ram 2500 Laramie 4x4 6.4L Hemi with the 6'4" bed. I now have a 2022 Ram 2500 Longhorm 4x4 6.7L diesel with 6'4" bed. I had/have the factory puck system and originally used a Curt A16 hitch with the turning point and it would hit the cab if you got close to 90 degree's. I replaced the Curt hitch with an Anderson hitch and have had no issues It is very close at 90 degrees but you will be fine you can set the Anderson to where it pushes the trailer back a few inches. Pin weight s NOT an issue for you as you should have around 3,000lbs available since you have the Hemi.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2021 2500 IC diesel 4x4 6.4bed w/ factory puck system. We tow a 2021 GD 260 RD w/ turning point pin box. We use the Curt A16 hitch with the Curt wedge. We have plenty of clearance around 6" to cab when at 90deg. This system works fine for us.
    2021 GD 150 Series Reflection 260RD, Lifted 3" with solar. Lippert Turning Point Pin Box. 300watt Inverter. TV = 2021 4wd Ram 2500 Laramie Crew Cab I6 Cummins Diesel, 6'4" bed, Curt A16 puck system, Custom Bed Tank.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tow my Reflection 295RL with a F250 diesel. Because I didn't want a long bed or slider hitch, I opted for using the Turning Point feature. My hitch is a 1600K Pullrite Super 5th. So far, I have had no problems turning or backing,

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2016 2500 Diesel CCSB pulling the 328M TH on a Pullrite Superglide. Yes it’s heavy but worth it for me for the piece of mind on a short bed. Had a manual slider previously and it was such a PITA. Almost never worked the first time so it was in and out, in and out, in and out of the cab just to move the slide back. Then repeat to reset the slide. And you’ll never guess what happened the first time I didn’t slide it back before backing into a tree-lined spot at night (sound familiar?). Didn’t shatter the window thankfully, but did put a grapefruit sized dent in my cab.

I take my Pullrite out fairly regularly though. At first I would break it down: pivot head, slider, picture frame puck adapter. That’s not so bad and I can do it without hurting myself. Then I got lazy and just started using my engine hoist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast