User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lilltom View Post
    Thanks for reply, I am using wedge that came with fifth when I bought new 2018. Checked with Lippert and is correct one and a match for hitch. Has worked loose to many times. Removed and fixed solid and working fine and am watching distance from cab but so far OK. May go back to it in future....
    The wedge that comes with the 5th wheel is the universal wedge... It is known for the trouble you were having... etrailer and others sell wedges for each specific type hitch.... I installed the correct wedge for my hitch (Reese) and in two cross country trips has NEVER needed tightening....
    2019 230RL Reflection ..... 1996 Dodge 2500 Cummins still pulling just as hard as the day I brought her home November 1995...3.6 Onan. 2 battleborns 300 watts solar, 1500 watt aims inverter....(Convictions are a far greater foe of truth than lies) {Nietztche}

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for delay, hitch is BW Patriot 16K and was told good fit for my unit. GD and Lippert have confirmed that. First time happened and dealer assured me no problem with hitch or trailer. Wedge does show some wear and tear but once again dealer says wedge is good and doing it's job. My way of assuring that is to use in the fixed mode. No problem and I like the way it tow's and handles so far. If more problem I will go back to new dealer. I am watching distance problem as this is second fifth I have towed with this vehicle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't own a ram ,but have a short bed super duty and use the B&W companion slider for our 295RL and love it, I leave it in the truck as I mainly just use it for the camper ,when I do take it out I take it out inb2 pieces makes it a little easier to manage

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After realizing that I haven't had to use the slider once and want to reduce some weight since I added the solar panels I got the standard b&w companion that drops in the turn over ball hole. Would like to know if anyone else close to what I have set the head mounts to as far as the bolt pattern goes before I put it together tomorrow. Any help would be appreciated and its always better to learn from someone else's mistakes. Lol
    Neil & Diane Kemp
    2023 3500 GMC Sierra SLE with Duramax/Allison
    2022 150 Series 295RL, Disk Brake Conversion Kit, Solar Panels added.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NAKemp View Post
    After realizing that I haven't had to use the slider once and want to reduce some weight since I added the solar panels I got the standard b&w companion that drops in the turn over ball hole. Would like to know if anyone else close to what I have set the head mounts to as far as the bolt pattern goes before I put it together tomorrow. Any help would be appreciated and its always better to learn from someone else's mistakes. Lol
    I have a 2022 RAM 3500 and use the identical hitch with a Solitude 378MBS. To keep the trailer level I have used position 1 with the arms at the lowest setting and for 5" back from the kingpin. I have plenty of clearance. Since your trailer is 5" narrower than my wide body Solitude my guess is that you could use position 1 at the 3" back position and still have good clearance. I have timbrens on my truck so I get about 2.5" of squat. If you get more on your 2500 then I would adjust the height accordingly. If the trailer isn't level it's not hard to move the arms. Just time. I had to move mine 3 times. First time to lower for level towing and send time to move the arms forward to the 5" position from 7" position. Even thinking about moving to the 3" position as I still have lots of clearance.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    I have a 2022 RAM 3500 and use the identical hitch with a Solitude 378MBS. To keep the trailer level I have used position 1 with the arms at the lowest setting and for 5" back from the kingpin. I have plenty of clearance. Since your trailer is 5" narrower than my wide body Solitude my guess is that you could use position 1 at the 3" back position and still have good clearance. I have timbrens on my truck so I get about 2.5" of squat. If you get more on your 2500 then I would adjust the height accordingly. If the trailer isn't level it's not hard to move the arms. Just time. I had to move mine 3 times. First time to lower for level towing and send time to move the arms forward to the 5" position from 7" position. Even thinking about moving to the 3" position as I still have lots of clearance.

Rob
    Went with the first position and the 3" setback. Called b&w just to make sure I was understanding the right thing. And set to the lowest position which put me about an inch and a quarter lower than the slide unit. After doing this and going from the dimensions that I got from the auto leveled trailer I am about 7/8th higher on the front from being level and the truck had a 2" squat.
    Neil & Diane Kemp

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NAKemp View Post
    Went with the first position and the 3" setback. Called b&w just to make sure I was understanding the right thing. And set to the lowest position which put me about an inch and a quarter lower than the slide unit. After doing this and going from the dimensions that I got from the auto leveled trailer I am about 7/8th higher on the front from being level and the truck had a 2" squat.
    Glad it worked out for you on the first try.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    Glad it worked out for you on the first try.

Rob
    Yep, thanks for the input. Going to take it up to the scale and see how everything is with the weight before we head out of state for the first time next friday. And actually it was the second try on the height. Should have known better with the size of the wheels
    Last edited by NAKemp; 08-27-2022 at 07:30 AM.
    Neil & Diane Kemp

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234