User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    B&W Patriot 18K slider. Awesome hitch wouldn't own anything less.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Ram 3500 6.4 Hemi with 8’ bed. Using an Anderson Ultimate towing a 337RLS with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklatraveler View Post
    Just bought a RAM 2500 HEMI crew cab 6.4 bed with OEM 5th wheel prep pkg now looking to buy the Grand Design 295RL 5th wheel. The Grand Design has the turning point pin box. Looking at Andersen Ultimate or PullRite Superlite or possibly the B&W companion. Really wanting a lighter hitch because will be taking it out often possibly. I understand that with these type hitches we would need to lock out the turning point pin box. The 5th wheel is 8500lbs dry or loaded about 10k lbs. Hitch weight dry is about 1400lbs. So don't really need the big heavy hitches.

Tell me what you have and how you like it? Thank you in advance.
    I'll throw another vote out there for the Andersen. Works as advertised for my Ram 3500 with 6'4" bed equipped with Ramboxes. I don't have pucks in my bed so I went rail mount version that's made of steel and weighs like 40 lbs. Been the perfect hitch for me.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch ISR Version
    Predator 3500W Inverter Generator
    2017 Ram 3500 Mega cab SRW w/6.4L Hemi, Ramboxes, Active Air Rear Suspension
    2017 Aluma 8214HS
    2015 Lund Crossover 1775 XS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Towing a Reflection 150 Series 295RL with a Ram 2500 diesel with 6’4” bed and OEM puck system. B&W Companion hitch, using the Turning Point. A match made in heaven. Over 10,000 miles without a burp. Have had several very tight turns that it handled easily. Only issue for me is the weight of the pin box to service it. The hitch is heavy, but I don’t remove it; the truck is pretty much used only for towing.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a 2019 Ram 2500 with the B&W patriot 18k and my reflection 150 series. It worked great and was easy to use. The hitch is heavy but comes apart on 2 pieces. I just got a new F-350 and now use the Companion that mounts in the pucks. It is heavier than the patriot and has been slightly tricky when hitching and I don’t know why. I would look into the pullrite if you only care about the weight of the hitch. I don’t love the turning point due to the sometimes tricky hitching and the bearing maintenance that seems to be a royal pain. I do love having a lot of my bed while towing and the turning point allows me to load up my bed with stuff.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2021 Reflection 260RD and a 2021 Ram 2500 Diesel 6.4 bed. We have been pulling ours without using the Turning Point and never had a problem yet. We probably do not get to 90 degrees, but never tried. You can always get it parked by pulling forward one or two times. We have been using the Anderson hitch for 3 years now and would not change it out for any other.
    2021 Reflection 260RD
    2019 Ram 3500 SRW Diesel ( yea it is a bit of overkill )

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklatraveler View Post
    Just bought a RAM 2500 HEMI crew cab 6.4 bed with OEM 5th wheel prep pkg now looking to buy the Grand Design 295RL 5th wheel. The Grand Design has the turning point pin box. Looking at Andersen Ultimate or PullRite Superlite or possibly the B&W companion. Really wanting a lighter hitch because will be taking it out often possibly. I understand that with these type hitches we would need to lock out the turning point pin box. The 5th wheel is 8500lbs dry or loaded about 10k lbs. Hitch weight dry is about 1400lbs. So don't really need the big heavy hitches.

Tell me what you have and how you like it? Thank you in advance.
    I also have a 295 with a 1018 ram 2500 4x4 6.4 hemi with the 6'4" bed and am using the b&w companion slider and haventhaven't had to use the slider once the half dozen times we've been out in it so far. My weight seems to be good at the scale so that's the big thing. Biggest reason I got the slider was in case someone needed moved and didn't have a truck like me one time. Once the solar panels go on i'll check the weight again to see where I sit.
    Neil & Diane Kemp
    2023 3500 GMC Sierra SLE with Duramax/Allison
    2022 150 Series 295RL, Disk Brake Conversion Kit, Solar Panels added.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wedge loosens up and slides out for a very uncomfortable feeling as you have two pivot points. Also wedge show's wear marks and shiny spots as it moves. I fixed hitch solid and double checked distance from cab and will tow this way for awhile watching distance which is OK for me. I have 2018 Reflection 220RK and 2500 Ram 2005 Diesel 2wd with BW hitch and might add original hitch was installed using long bed measures so is 3 1/2" further back. On road this 83 year old has paid $120 to retighten wedge couple times.
    Last edited by lilltom; 06-25-2022 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Identification

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lilltom View Post
    My wedge loosens up and slides out for a very uncomfortable feeling as you have two pivot points. Also wedge show's wear marks and shiny spots as it moves. I fixed hitch solid and double checked distance from cab and will tow this way for awhile watching distance which is OK for me. I have 2018 Reflection 220RK and 2500 Ram 2005 Diesel 2wd with BW hitch and might add original hitch was installed using long bed measures so is 3 1/2" further back. On road this 83 year old has paid $120 to retighten wedge couple times.
    do you have the correct wedge for your hitch? the universal wedge is known for loosening up...https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories...se/SWW-06.html
    Last edited by Big Blue; 06-25-2022 at 04:33 PM.
    2019 230RL Reflection ..... 1996 Dodge 2500 Cummins still pulling just as hard as the day I brought her home November 1995...3.6 Onan. 2 battleborns 300 watts solar, 1500 watt aims inverter....(Convictions are a far greater foe of truth than lies) {Nietztche}

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for reply, I am using wedge that came with fifth when I bought new 2018. Checked with Lippert and is correct one and a match for hitch. Has worked loose to many times. Removed and fixed solid and working fine and am watching distance from cab but so far OK. May go back to it in future....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast